• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alarmed

quetiapina

Bumps along somehow
:( I have noticed that I have a lump between my boobs. I don't know if my boobs have dropped a bit revealing the port or if losing weight has revealed it a bit more as the fat has shrunk, or if the port has moved a bit. Or if it's something more sinister. If it's the port, I'm sure I can feel it just under my sternum, or could that be the actual band? I've been poking about at it quite a lot now I am aware of it. Any breast area lump is really worrying.:cry:

I have heard that the port in the breast bone can start to show/ be felt more as people loose weight. However, for piece of mind it may be worth getting this checked out.

I have two lumpy areas...one slightly to the right and below the scar below breast bone, and the other approx 3 inches to the left of that scar with a small scar next to lumpy area.

haven't got a clue which one is the port, but not sure why I can feel 2 of them...I didn't think the band would be detectable through the skin :confused: could it be the tube attaching port and band?

would your provider be able to tell you where port is situated?

sorry, not much help Jenni :eek: but sure it won't be sinister :hug99:

Dont worry!!!
It is most likely nothing at all... but get it checked.
to put you at ease, i have two lumps on my head, and the are fine, nothing at all to worry about, most lumps are nothing.
I could be a gland, or a blocked fat gland.

Go to the dr... AND STOP POKING!! you will make it worse lol

.x.

Hi,
I dont think you have much to worry about as I have heard of this before with banding. Still, if in doubt check it out.
And ribs? what are ribs? don't recall ever having seen mine !!
Still one day..... deep sigh

Love Sue xx

Hey.... I'd get to the GP tomorrow and get some reassurance. They'll diagnose it pretty quickly and the stress of not knowing is likely to be 1000% worse than the lump, but until you know you'll worry.

Hugs
yoyo
x

Hi Jen

If your worried get it checked out - soon! Im not sure where my port is but think its under my large scar?

Maz x

Dont worry!!!
It is most likely nothing at all... but get it checked.
to put you at ease, i have two lumps on my head, and the are fine, nothing at all to worry about, most lumps are nothing.
I could be a gland, or a blocked fat gland.

Go to the dr... AND STOP POKING!! you will make it worse lol

.x.

Hi Bee...I think I've got lots of blocked fat glands...tis a pity that they can't be squeezed...like blackheads :sign0137: :8855:

Thanks people, yes I'll make a GP appt tomorrow I think. x

jen where did they position your port ? as mines in my chest between my boobs. mine feels the size of a 2p piece.

Last edited:
jen where did they position your port ? as mines in my chest between my boobs. mine feels the size of a 2p piece.

Thanks for that Liz. It does feel like that but I'm sure it wasn't there before. Can the port move a bit when in the chest? or maybe I couldn't feel it before. Could the port be forced upwards because I slouch? x

I will go to GP to get it checked . I'm quite confused about the whole thing to be honest.

Thankyou people. Lv Jen x

jen mines on the breast bone itself, they were placing them on the bone when i was rebanded to stop them moving, ive now learned since, the new place they like is just below the rib cage under where the ribs meet, when weight is lost it will become more promanant, if its the port it will either have a scar 1-2 inches below or above where its situated. the port will be stitched to a muscle, its most likeley the fatty tissue around it thats changed with weight loss, get it checked yes, but it just sounds like the port settling after weight loss. let me know how you get on.

liz x

Thanks Liz, will do. x

Hi Jenni, sorry you've got this worry but it does really sound like your port. Still, to put your mind at ease get to the docs and let them check it for you. When the port was placed you were obviously bigger and had plenty to camouflage it, but as the weight and fat are going down you've not got as much to hide it. good luck sweetheart and I hope you get peace of mind soon.

Jen - hope your feeling good, let us know how you get on with the GP and like everyone else has said i am sure it is nothing to worry about but getting things checked is always the best way to go. Sending hugs with fairy dust to keep you safe xx

Thankyou so much people. I have made an appt to see my doc - appt isn't for 4 weeks. My Gp practice is brilliant apart from the long wait for appointments. I think it would be wise to make a new appt everytime I go there and just cancel it if I don't need it! I could go to the morning emergency surgery but you get about 2 mins with the doc after waiting for hours in a surgery filled with sneezing people! If I get more worried though I will go to the emergency surgery.

Lv Jen x

bloody hell 4 weeks is a long time, isnt there a drop in centre near you, we went to ours with my son ryan last week and the waiting time was only 30 mins.

Sorry to hear you have found this lump. Hopefully it is just your port but like everyone else says it is best to get it checked. That is a ridiculous amount of time to wait for an appointment. Is there not a number you can ring where you had your surgery to get some advice to save you worrying for 4 weeks. Take care.

Back