• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alarmed

Yes, the nurse might be a good idea Margaret. For my Doc's 4 weeks is about average - I have had then 7 or 8 weeks after booking! Terrible isn't it. I don't want to leave them ( I have considered it) as they are so good with my special needs (Severe Bipolar). x

Yes, the nurse might be a good idea Margaret. For my Doc's 4 weeks is about average - I have had then 7 or 8 weeks after booking! Terrible isn't it. I don't want to leave them ( I have considered it) as they are so good with my special needs (Severe Bipolar). x
Hi there. thats a good idea to see the nurse as you dont want the worry over 4 weeks. a few days worrying is bad enough. Hope it all works out ok for you. take care and hope to hear how you get on really soon.

Hope it turns out to be nothing to worry about! :)

xxx

good luck jen hope all turns out ok thinking of you love debbie x

If i was you I would try to get to see nurse or go to emergency surgery....i think you said you have bipolar disorder...i would hate to think the worry of this situation would trigger an episode on you ..so i would go to see your nurse or dr so they can put you at ease before the stress gets to you

I hope they sort out your bipolar and you don't get any more episodes[i know people who have bipolar and spend half there life in hospital with it so i can see it can be a horrible illness]

i had a similar experience[was just an infected pimple but i was worried i had a lump] but luckily my gp put me at ease

stupid me

Jenni I can't believe you've got to wait 4 weeks to see your GP. Thats shocking!! Did you ask for an emergency appointment? Surely you finding this lump and needing it checked is an emergency. I'd definitely go to the emergeny surgery or even nip down to the hospital and get them in A&E to take a look for you just to put your mind at ease.

Thanks everyone, yes I'm making an appt to see the nurse - these appts aren't so scarce.
I had another feel around the lump yesterday - it must be the port as it seemed to be back in the right place - I realised when I noticed it I hadn't been wearing a bra, but when everything is held up by a bra, the lump is back down below my boobs....
Hi Stupid ( you don't seem to be stupid!), yes, Bipolar is the pits and I've spent a months in hospital over the past 5 years. Thanks for understanding it means a lot. I'm pretty open about having the illness but I find that a lot of people ignore that I have it, or simply just fade away out of my life. It's v upsetting as I'm not a flakey or needy person, I don't make it worse by taking illegal drugs of any kind or even drink. I just happen to have a severe problem with the chemical pathways in my brain. It (in my case) is hereditary. Oooooh sorry, rant over!
Thanks again people xx

Back