• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

exercise power plate

hello all. just wondering if power plate could do any harm to my band or port as my friend was told that she couldnt use them coz she has a coil and it could move i was wondering if the same thing applied to the band or port...
thanks all

God I havn't a clue thats the 1st I heard of it causing problems with coils etc, you would need to speak to the bariatric nurse, she would be able to tell you, let us know what you find out

I think as long as your band is sewn in, you should be ok because it will move with the muscle that it is attached to. Coils are not attached to anything, or anchored down, so that might explain why you shouldnt use a power plate if you have a coil fitted. I would be interested in what the bariatric nurse says tho, so please keep us posted.

MNL:)

hello all. just wondering if power plate could do any harm to my band or port as my friend was told that she couldnt use them coz she has a coil and it could move i was wondering if the same thing applied to the band or port...
thanks all

Hi cherry

I just can't see the Powerplate moving the coil which is a rather snug fit...but who know's...stranger things have happened at sea.

(((hugs)))

Hi

I have a band and my gym have a number of members who have and its fine to use the power plates.

Maz x

I have a power plate and have used it for the past 3 years. having just read through the instructions again and looking at the questionair at the gym there is nothing mentioned about coils. As for bands the only restriction is that you have to be 6 weks post op to use it. which is the same for any surgery.

I have a power plate and have used it for the past 3 years. having just read through the instructions again and looking at the questionair at the gym there is nothing mentioned about coils. As for bands the only restriction is that you have to be 6 weks post op to use it. which is the same for any surgery.

Hi HC

Just wanted to aks you what you thought of the power plate...do you think it does anything?

(((hugs)))

judging by the way i used to huff and puff and sweat like a monkeys armpit getting myself into the assortment of positions yes i do. the other thing i have noticed is that i have very little cellulite on my legs which i think is possiably a combination of my power plate and also wearing MBT trainers or fit flops.

judging by the way i used to huff and puff and sweat like a monkeys armpit getting myself into the assortment of positions yes i do. the other thing i have noticed is that i have very little cellulite on my legs which i think is possiably a combination of my power plate and also wearing MBT trainers or fit flops.

Yep the power plates are fantastic, i havent got one at home but i use the ones at the gym. My legs and bottom are very toned despite the weight I am carrying.

I have fit flops too - I live in them lol, what are MBT trainers?

Maz x

i have now had 3 pairs of MBT's although expensive at £100+ a pair they last and are soooo comfortable you know you have had a work out walking.
ImageContent.aspx

MBT, Masai Barefoot Technology, is a Swiss invention.

About 10 years ago, we made the startling discovery that walking barefoot over natural, uneven ground can alleviate back pain.

We began to develop a footwear technology that would make the natural instability of soft grounds such as Korean paddy fields or the East African savannah accessible also to those, who have to walk on hard surfaces.

In 1996, after years spent on research and development, Masai Barefoot Technology was mature enough to be launched on the market.

MBTs are now available in over twenty countries, and approximately one million pairs of this revolutionary footwear technology are sold every year.

© 2006 by swiss masai
pixel_trans.gif

pixel_trans.gif
ImageContent.aspx

MBT would like to help people all over the world lead a healthier, more active and happier life.

MBT is convinced that human fitness and health are significantly influenced by the way we walk – this conviction has already been substantiated objectively by many scientific studies.

Furthermore, we believe walking in conventional shoes on flat, hard terrain i.e. pavement has a negative impact on our bodies because they unnaturally stabilise and constrain the foot, therefore important muscles lose their function.

So we at MBT designed the first anti-shoe that transforms flat, hard surfaces to an uneven, soft terrain via its unique technology: a curved sole and a patented Masai Sensor and thus cleverly recreates the effects of walking barefoot, naturally.

MBT attempts to awaken and strengthen the awareness of physiologically correct walking among people world-wide by disseminating the idea and concept of MBT physiological footwear.

The benefits of physiologically correct walking can thus be made available to as many people as possible all over the world, in a straightforward and uncomplicated way.

What's it all about?
Power-Plate is a machine that gives the body's muscles a high-speed workout by using vibrations to stimulate them to contract and relax. They generally contract once or twice a second, but by standing on the Power-Plate, its vibrations cause an automatic reflex muscle contraction of 30-50 a second.
Power-Plate is a great time-saver due to the effectiveness of training and the fact that many muscle groups are activated at the same time. It's claimed that 10 minutes on the Power-Plate will have the same results as 60 minutes of conventional strenuous training.

Back