• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

alcohol question

emma&alex

well, obviously I can have wine without having to worry too much. but i thought probably vodka would be ok for me too with low sugar/calorie mixer.
well I don't want anything carbonated, and other than that, all i can think of is orange juice (which is generally packed full of sugars & high in calories).

so does anyone have any low calories/sugar none carbonated ideas for mixers with vodka or bacardi?

i know i can put ice in and mix it up to get rid of the fizz, but I feel like Im still being bad by doing that.

Emma, as a bypasser our providers give us guidelines as to avoiding alcohol for a certain length of time.. Does this apply to banders too?

I can't advise about mixers as most are gassy i think!

oh i did ask about that, they told me i should be ok to drink 2 weeks after my op.

i asked mainly because i was in 2 minds about having the op as quickly as i did...or waiting until the beginning of october. because i had reading festival booked & a holiday at the end of after september.
i dont plan on going over board or anything, but i said a few glasses of wine etc.
they told me i could drink from 2 weeks after the op in moderation, but obviously i had to be careful not to drink on an empty stomach.

Alex,

Cannot give you advise on mixers but I have just had friends over for a meal and in four hours I have drank half a bottle of Rose - feel fine and proud of myself cos prior to the band I would probably have drunk a bottle x

Back