• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ALCOHOL

bazb

is alcohol okay to drink with the band and is lager too fizzy? Lager isn't as fizzie as soft drinks like coke.
Should we just stick to drinks like John smith/guinness where their is zero fizz.

is alcohol okay to drink with the band and is lager too fizzy? Lager isn't as fizzie as soft drinks like coke.
Should we just stick to drinks like John smith/guinness where their is zero fizz.

B4 my surgery I used to drink lager/cider/guiness etc all the time and now I dont drink lager/cider at all and even if I have a guiness 1 is all I can manage as I find it very heavy on the pouch so I tend to go without. If I go out I tend to stick too voddie and orange or wine etc as I know I be fine with them. HTH xx

I've had a couple of glasses of wine in the past week or so (am 6 weeks post-op) but would think that anything that comes in a pint is a no-no - not just for fizz but for calories (210 cals in a pint of Guinness, which is a meal!)

It's certainly a challenge, but alcohol is best avoided wherever possible I think :)

You really need to check with your provider what they say is ok. Then its down to your tollerence.

I can manage fizzy drinks with lots of ice to kill the bubbles.

With alcohol its best to think spirit and low cal mixers - at 50 cals, rather than pints of lager at around 200.

My question is when really are we allowed To have a drink.

I have heard 3 months some people 6 months.

Most people are saying 3 months.

I might try that fizzy drink in a few months with a bucket of ice see if ok to tolerate but not to much x

Just asking as tis the season to be jolly soon! And crimbo doo is approaching!!

I suppose it depend on the individual

Happy losing weight

Jojo ? x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

My question is when really are we allowed To have a drink.

I have heard 3 months some people 6 months.

depends on the providor
Most people are saying 3 months.

3 months is usually standard

I might try that fizzy drink in a few months with a bucket of ice see if ok to tolerate but not to much x

ice usually kills the bubbles, just go easy no gulping, sips only and you should be fine

Just asking as tis the season to be jolly soon! And crimbo doo is approaching!!

I suppose it depend on the individual

Happy losing weight

Jojo ? x

HTH from Liz x

Always been a vodka drinker. My 3 month wait is up on xmas day! But what do I drink with it?? Hate wine but tempted to give it another go? Any suggestions welcome. Am a bypass btw xx

Sorry Kellie I dont know what the rules are for bypassers, try posting a thread on the bypass section. Im sure you will get more responses that way :D

My provider isn't as strict as some & I've had some wine on a couple of weekends. But thus Friday I'm at a party & I'm going to have some French martinis woo hoo!

My provider isn't as strict as some & I've had some wine on a couple of weekends. But thus Friday I'm at a party & I'm going to have some French martinis woo hoo!

I think the 3 months is for bypassers :confused: although some have to wait a year.

Personally I waited until I was on sloppies but moving onto proper food. Didnt want to peak to early lol

Oooh la la, french martinis! enjoy the party x

Ooh - love French Martinis! Had my first one bought for me by a lovely gentleman in a bar at a Hilton hotel in the US so they always have great memories for me... :)

Not a lover of martini in any shape very bad memories of being drunk and 18 and making complete plum of myself!

Although looking forward to a lush Rose Pinot grigio hmm!! Or a vodka with orange juice plenty of ice though x

Jojo x

Going for a few drinks as a team bounding exercise straight after work although trying to get out of it. I am a bit worried as in normal time i am a light weight so imagine barely eating anything, i will be crowling under the table after two sips! :)

I love french martinis- they're like alcoholic puddings! Its a cocktail party so I'll probably have an amaretto sours too. Mmmmm. Yep- I shall be mixing my drinks! However, I shall be careful as head down a toilet isn't a good look at 50!!

Oh bless Mrs pill I hope u have great fun xx

i used to drink coors light beer but since i got my band i have been able to drink malibu an orange juice :)

I tried a ½ pint of Woodfords Wherry which is a real ale bitter, and as most real ale’s is flat. I drank it with my evening meal and I kept to just the one glass and it went down with no problems. This was 6 weeks after my Op

Stavros

Back