• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcohol

kirstyd

Right! Lol this does scare me. I'm Scottish I love to party alot! Am I still going to b able to. I've told myself no drink I'll aug! But then wat can I drink? I like a few ciders then move onto rose wine. If the cider is flat is that ok ? And if I had vodka but made sure the lemonade was flat is that ok??

Sorry I've got the it's the summer and I can't party blues :/ x

I think advise differs depending on surgeons, at Northern General in Sheffield we are advised not to drink alcohol for a year after surgery.
I'm lucky I'm not a big drinker so it won't bother me too much.
As for what I like to drink....vodka with ginger beer and lime, good single malt whiskey, Guinness , rose wine, coffee baileys, homemade piña colada! :D

With what you're eating, it will take very little alcohol to get you well plastered so you might find you prefer not to drink after all. I mean, hangovers and sickness after WLS? Sounds like a bad combo to me :D

My tipple of choice now is vodka and cranberry. I acquired a taste for them when I started weaning myself off fizzy drinks. Rum and pineapple juice is good too if you can find a bar/pub with pineapple juice (or bring your own?). Wine should be fine if it's not the fizzy kind but it's a lot of alcohol in one go. Oh and Baileys is delicious and a small amount goes a long way.

Oh no that doesn't sound good :(

Im HOPING that given my surgery is in less than three weeks come aug I'll b lovely n healed! Onto normal food. And can drink if not a lot. Least I'll b a cheap date haha 2 glasses n that's me :D x

Im 9 months post op and I had a drink after 3 months my docter told me it was ok as long as in moderation.

We all get told different advise tbh.

I tend to drink vodka lime and soda with lots of ice or rose wine tbh, I cant really drink too much nowadays im what you call a light weight lol

my advise is check with your doc b4 you do start and drink in moderation x

Good luck with surgery hun xx

I just want to add that I'm a light-weight pre-op so it'll be interesting in a few months when I have my first drink...

Just near in mind it halts weight loss...only speaking from experience :D

I'll defo need to watch wat I'm doin! I've got a party in aug and I turn 30 in oct and I'm going for a girly weekend to a log cabin. Hopefully in a size 14 lol x

If it helps I've not lost 3 weeks in total. Week of Xmas, week of my 40th birthday and this week after having a weekend away...and it's been alcohol everytime! So work hard and you'll do it but pre empt how you'll feel when the scales don't shift as its a downer but at least I know why!! X

If it helps I've not lost 3 weeks in total. Week of Xmas, week of my 40th birthday and this week after having a weekend away...and it's been alcohol everytime! So work hard and you'll do it but pre empt how you'll feel when the scales don't shift as its a downer but at least I know why!! X

This also happened to me. The week I drank alcohol.my weight stalled for two weeks even though I was on treadmill daily.

not so bad if it's once every so often for special occasion etc but weekly drinking has to be a no go! just not worth it x

Dam I like my weekly wine lol. But defo getting the weight off is a priority! Aug my bday then crimbo I guess :) suppose once I get 2 my target I'll b ok :). But I'm 15st really want to get to 9.5 (if my frame will take it) x

Your team will advise you what and when. If you are allowed to partake, spirits and low cal mixers are the lowest calories.

If you have the odd one and work it into your calories you should be ok but the odd one easily leads to one more, lol

Back