• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Question for banders on alcohol

Leon

Hey guy's this is a question for a saturday night lol. My mate has invited me in for a few drinks tonight and I don't know what to say. I used to drink cider but I know thats out of the question. I was planning to have a bottle of blossom hill Rose wine with ice in it to water it down a bit. What do you think as Im 2 weeks post op. I feel fine and have been on a soft diet now for 3 days and no pains or anything? :confused:

Hi Leon, sorry I don't know anything about alcohol and the band - there was a thread on it a while back though I seem to remember x

Hi Leon - I usually drink Rose wine when I'm out or vodka and cranbberry or orange squah (I like Oasis light but they don't seem to have it in most pubs as a mixer).

Thanks for your reply Judy. Do you think it would be ok to have a few glasses 2 weeks post op? I rang the hospital group and a nurse on the ward said no alcohol for 6 weeks but online its saying I can have a few glasses of wine??? So confused as didn't think it would do any harm to have a few as its not very strong and I'm drinking it with ice??

Hi Leon

I tend to prefer the white zinfandels now and can't tolerate red wine (I used to love it :cry:)
or gin & fresh orange (having one as we speak :D)

just take it steady as it may hit you quick and remember you won't be able to eat to soak it up later :rolleyes:

a little tipple won't hurt :)

Hi

You really should go with the advice of your provider, I know that its conflicting nurse vs website, the website may be referring to having a few glasses further down the line. On a soft diet you wont be getting many calories in so if you do decide to have a few be careful as it could go straight to your head.

Have fun drink or no drink!

Thanks again for the advice ladies. Sometimes I think the extra money that I paid for the full package would have been better used for this website as this is where I'm getting all my info and advice lol. xx

as long as its not fizz it should be ok, wine is fine i drink vodka and still orange have a couple of glasses but dont go over board try and have some food at least an hour before you go out so your not drinking on an empty stomach and you should be ok x

Lol no hangover ladies. Stuck to one glass of wine as every sip all I could think about was the calories!! So well done me as I'm usually the one who is well oiled and talking total rubbish at the end of the night lol.

Lol no hangover ladies. Stuck to one glass of wine as every sip all I could think about was the calories!! So well done me as I'm usually the one who is well oiled and talking total rubbish at the end of the night lol.

Well done, hope you enjoyed your night!

just a tip (not that i have done this!!) is to get a smirmoff ice or drink similar and to give it a good shake a couple of times to defizz it, just ask the barmaid for the lid you will get a strange look but it makes a change to still orange pineapple etc!!

Back