• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All done and back home

angelwings25

Likes Vanilla Lattes
hiya everyone just letting you know i am all done got home yesterday at 2pm mr slater was a real gem and is a talented surgeon. he was pleased with my recovery and i was dead pleased to be home yesterday. still ache and feel very tired but its done and now the future is bright, sorry for sounding cheesy!

i got to meet some amazing people on the ward including teapot1966 aka Julie she is a lovely person and as she was open was still in yesterday but hopefully she is on her way to her mums today. Her mobility had improved massively by the time i left. best wishes to her and her recovery.

otherwise just trying to figure out this full feeling, i feel so sick after i've eaten but i am guessin its cuz i am eating maybe too much or too fast? just had sum covent garden dhal soup (lots of protein as it has lentils in it) and i had 4 soup spoons of it and felt a slight twinge in my chest so thought that must mean im full? i guess i will leran all this eventually. thanks to all who have supported me prior to this so heres to my future and the future of all those in the same boat xxxxx

Congratulations on being done and dusted. I am with you on trying to figure out the full feeling.

Give us an L

Give us an O

Give us an S

Give us an E

Give us an R

And what have we got ...............Angelwings *yay*

Welcome to the losers bench :)

sounds like it all went smoothly and heres hoping your recovery is too

Xx

Hey Laura!! Congrats on your op! Sorry I'd not been in contact have no idea where the time has gone! Would love to hook up for that cuppa when you feel good enough for one.

Lotza love Linzi.xx

Good to hear from you Angelwings and that everything has gone well for you.

That was lovely to meet teapot/Julie:)

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Love Mini xxx

Glad you're back safe and well hun.Now make sure you rest properly and drink plenty:D

so so pleased for you, glad all went well now heres to your future xxx

Strange Laura, I met a wonderful person too ... jason - lol only joking. It was so lonely after you guys had gone home and left me. I'm now home and have decided to come home alone (how brave) Had my first meal at home this evening - cheesy mash (from a baked potato) managed 3 tbsp and my god blow out or what? wow.
You guys were amazingly good company and I'm so glad we went through this op together (didnt get to see those cricket ball sized gall stones though - shame!)
I can only back up what Laura has said, the team at St Richards are absolutely amazing. Guy is such a talented surgeon and has a wonderful manner with his patients. We are so lucky to have gone via St Richards because some of the patients won't have even got to see their surgeon but ours visited each and every day.
Laura enjoy your rehab and get loads better soon dear xxxx

ps didnt weigh myself again after you and Simon had lost 5lb in hospital and I'd put on 4 kg!!! lol but at long long last that water and rubbish is starting to go

Glad you are home and recovering well.
I can only guess at how weird it must be to be full after a couple of sppons of soup!!
Rest and take it easy.
Leanne x

Congrats, glad it all went well. Still trying to figure out the full feeling, its all very strange isnt it :)

ps didnt weigh myself again after you and Simon had lost 5lb in hospital and I'd put on 4 kg!!! lol but at long long last that water and rubbish is starting to go

you do make me laugh jules, ive not weighed myself again not going to until friday i think. but u will be dropping it like there is no tomorrow i know u will. like u said to me it wasnt about the food so you will do so well. i miss biscuits and chocolate already, HOW ANNOYING!!!!! i had a rich tea finger earlier it was wonderful. funny how we appreciate food more now than ever. can;t wait to see you again xxxxxxx

I am glad you are both home safe and sound.
It has put my mind at ease a lot. I wish you both a great recovery. I look forward to reading your posts, lol xx

hiya karen, just seen u got ur date!! thats amazing and its the same date as my mums birthday, well done for you sugar. you will be well looked after and say hi to sally, sandie, pam, andrea, caroline and petra for me!!!!! (the amazing nursing team) good luck on your pre-op xxxx

Congrats on your op hun!!! And you Teapot!!! Hope everything is smooth sailing from here on in!!!

xxxxxxx

Glad your home safe n sound.... Can't believe your eating mash already teapot? Wow, i am so looking forward to feeling full nearly as much as everyone's face when they see the size of my portions lol xxx

Back