• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All done and dusted!!!

laurajlucy

Hey y'all!!
Pleased to inform you that I have just got back from hospital. Had my bypass op at 11.45am on Sunday. Also had my hernia sorted at the same time.
I will not lie but also do not wish to scare... I was in agony when I came round!! Stayed in recovery for an hour getting pumped full of morphine. Got back to the ward at 15.45 ish and felt alert but sick.
Pain killers permitting, I felt well enough to get out of bed and go to the loo at 6.30pm. Was up and down all night as I had a drip which went straight to my bladder. Felt this have given me less time to rest and therefore my wounds hurt for a good while.
Fastforward to Monday morning and I felt much better. The wind pains are awful and I would have quite happily given up a winning lottery ticket for the chance to let rip :8855:.
Surgeon later informed me that they had struggled as all my weight is on my tummy and if I had not of lost the 2 stone I had before then he would not of been able to do it :eek:. Also, I stabbed the anesthestist whilst under!! Turns out I thrashed about and the canula he had put in my hand came lose and I threw my arm up and it went into him!!!:eek::eek::eek:
Meant that we had to have bloods done just incase anything had been passed, and luckily it had not! Phewww!
Really struggled getting up and down yesterday but was informed later that my wounds are very deep and they had tugged around a lot.
Tuesday- feel so much better. Still sore, still windy but deffo better!
Had a spoonful of yoghurt for brekkie and the same of chicken soup for dinner and no problems. I am now parked quite comfortably at my Mammies. Will stay here till the weekend as my house is being decorated and it gives me chance to recover properly. Need to be well enough for my 2 day trip to Alton Towers in 2 weeks!!
Anyway, no regrets and looking forward to a bright and healthy future :D:D:D:D xxxx

Glad to hear you're doing well :) good luck with your recovery and i look forward to reading updates xx

glad to hear your ok Kellie, things can only get better for you from here.... well done and good luck on your journey x

Yeahhh, welcome back Kellie :D:D:D:D So glad it is all over for you. Sit back & be pampered for a while ... time enough for reality when you go back home. xxx :):)

wellcome home kellie, speedy recovery and make the most of being at your mammies dont rush your recovery, i will be behind you on that loosers bech soon take care.

well done hun :)

things can only get better now

xx

Welcome back Kellie good to hear it all went well, apart from your attempt to stab the anaesthetist :eek: I've made room on the bench for you but you'll have to move up a bit as Twinkles on the way :)

welcome back Kellie :) glad it all went ok and you're here to tell us all about it :D xxx

ooooh Kellie I am sooooooo happy for you. you've done really well and I've just let my hubby read your post so he could get a flavour of what's going to happen to me when it's my turn. xxx

Good to hear from you hun, you rest and get well soon xxx

That's great news, take care. Xxx

Well done its really quite exciting hearing everyones experiences x

Back