• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shut-Ins Britains Fattest Woman - Channel 4

Sweetest Feeling

Is anyone watching or already watched this programme tonight?

It's on Channel 4 and can be seen on catch up

It's a follow up programme about Sharon Hill a lady living in Britain who is only in her early 30's and weighed approximately 45 stone.. She had weight loss surgery which was a gastric sleeve in 2015 but it failed due to her not working with the tool she was given and she sadly gained more weight.. The programme followed her journey two years later as she has a gastric bypass operation after being isolated within the four walls of her home.

I didn't feel that her husband gave her any support because he seemed to want her to stay 'trapped' in the cycle of depression by keeping her weight up and reliant on him for most of her daily needs. Given his own struggles I would have hoped he would have also made changes to his lifestyle too so they could work together for a better future and marriage

As the programme developed I was pleased to see Sharon reconnect with her former friends and meet up with them socially. She needed to be surrounded by other adults for help and support as I felt that they would encourage and motivate her to stay focused and also help her with the depression she was suffering.

I hope that they continue to play a big part in her future happiness :hugs:

It was truly heartbreaking to see her regret the isolation of being 'locked' in not just her home but stuck in a seemingly never ending cycle of unhappiness and hating who she had become 24/7 due to the confines of her weight and relationship.

I hope she continues to get the support of the professionals involved to help her make the changes to her lifestyle to find the happiness that she deserves from within ❤️

Last edited:
I have it on planner and look forward to watching it

Is anyone watching or already watched this programme tonight?

It's on Channel 4 and can be seen on catch up

It's a follow up programme about Sharon Hill a lady living in Britain who is only in her early 30's and weighed approximately 45 stone.. She had weight loss surgery which was a gastric sleeve in 2015 but it failed due to her not working with the tool she was given and she sadly gained more weight.. The programme followed her journey two years later as she has a gastric bypass operation after being isolated within the four walls of her home.

I didn't feel that her husband gave her any support because he seemed to want her to stay 'trapped' in the cycle of depression by keeping her weight up and reliant on him for most of her daily needs. Given his own struggles I would have hoped he would have also made changes to his lifestyle too so they could work together for a better future and marriage

As the programme developed I was pleased to see Sharon reconnect with her former friends and meet up with them socially. She needed to be surrounded by other adults for help and support as I felt that they would encourage and motivate her to stay focused and also help her with the depression she was suffering.

I hope that they continue to play a big part in her future happiness :hugs:

It was truly heartbreaking to see her regret the isolation of being 'locked' in not just her home but stuck in a seemingly never ending cycle of unhappiness and hating who she had become 24/7 due to the confines of her weight and relationship.

I hope she continues to get the support of the professionals involved to help her make the changes to her lifestyle to find the happiness that she deserves from within ❤️
I was married to a 'Feeder' and was 'kept in', fed Mars Bars when I was trying to diet. More about 'Feeders' here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_fetishism

I watched it and could relate to some of the things she was saying about her relationship with food.
It was lovely to see her start to blossom towards the end.

Back