• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

all done! day 1and 2 diary type blog!

buglady

hi every one im sitting here cause i forgot to de set my alarm radio !! i had my op done on wednesday at 530 i went up yes up cause everyone goes down i went up in a lift! i arrived at 4 in the afternoon walked into the theatre at half five got wheeled back at half 7 the op took 45 mins all done lol! i felt sick when i got back which was soon addressed they gave me some more anti sickness tablets which stopped the feeling! all i remember is sort of waking and seeing four of my familys faces beaming at me as i got wheeled back in to the room then i dozed till about half 11 with constant blood pressure checks and i had to have a bit of o2 under my nose cause my o2 was a bit bown! i had a broken sleep night prob dosing for 45 mins waking up but not much pain i went for a wee a couple of times which i encourage cause the sooner you getup the better!
i had 2 hours solid sleep between 4 and 6 to be woken up by the resident peacock! the next morning the night nurse came in checked bp again opened curtains did a few check paracetomal and anti inflamatries then left again not much pain the only one hurting realy is my port hole one which i cup with my hand when i stand up it makes me feel better! i was allowed to go at 10 couldnt go till 12 as my dad was at work till then! we had a short journey home 10 mins i had a innocent smoothie meds then went to bed for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon i must say even not the port hole scar ia the only one that hurts at the mo it feels like ive been running and ive got a stitch there i think its trapped wind but today is farts yesterday was burps! has a few vistors and phone calls and texts then went to sleep about 10 last night slept most of the night woke up this morning feeling much better just burpy and hickupy! im going to have a shower today and change my dressings i have some more tegaderms to redo ill wait to my mum gets home to do that shes great at that!! i may just go and have a fromage frais now my mouth is still gammy so ill let you know how im doing ps even with all this wind inside me and since the start of my milk diet lost a stone yeehaaa!!

hi bug lady. welcome back, im glad everythings went well for you x

I am so glad that everything went well. (((HUGS)))

glad everything went well for you, best of luck with your future losses!

heyyy welcome to the losing side, so glad everything went smoothly and you are in little discomfort :)

Hi there, really glad your op went OK, I am waiting for mine and really look forward to reading all your posts and seeing how much you lose! I just noticed our start weights are almost the same so I will be desperate to hear how your weight loss is going.
x

hi everyone had my op done wed night feeling relitivly great i am in a slight pain when i go from standing to sitting too long (my port wound hurts a bit) other than that im fine im having bizarrre dreams at night wake up exhausted from being up in my dreams all night lol but other than that still no shoulder pain im burping regulary etc so wind is gradually coming out not much more to go im guessing!
yesterday i had very sloppy ready break for brekky wasnt sure if i was full so i ate it mega slow and stopped b4 i felt full had a smoothie 2 fromage frais and a bit of cheesy mash 3 table spoons oh and 4 very lovely fresh strawberrys that melted in my mouth i do hope that was ok i had no problem with that ! i woke this morning able to of slept on my right side so that was a bit better than back now im off to get some brekkie! it is amazing how much time was spent consuming food decing what to have waking up in the morning planning my meals etc i know im thinking about what to eat now but im going to have to get something else to do with my life with all this freetime ill have!!

week after op update!

right im sitting here exactly a week after being released from hospital and im doing well!! im eating well (small amounts) but doing ok! Im mobile walking ok slow but ok ,i am suffering from a realy sore pain from yawning i feel my diafraim isnt working to its full compasity ,im guessing its the band or something i feel the yawns have to be restricted cause it hurts so much!
My cuts are healing nicely i took the tegaderms off by the 4th day cause there was no oozing. im just a bit yellow and purpley round the middle!
if i do more walking in the day i feel realy sleepy by the evening which is a good thing! My sleeping is ok been able to sleep on both sides ok port side just a tad bit more uncomfortable than the right side, i do find however for the last three nights im getting a aching left shoulder pain which i though id get from day one but this pain is only happening at night and gone by the morning weird!?
ive in total lost in two weeks 10lbs preop milk diet and 8lbs so far since leaving hospital lost in total 18lbs but it seem every other day i get a weight loss weigh mysel one day nout the next day 2lbs dont know what thats all about? i am very pleased ive lost this weight and even more delighted ive had the surgery it hasnt been nowhere near as bad as i thought!
ill post again in a week!! see you soon!! alison

Back