• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All surgery ar st Richards is cancelled

Paul-H

Hi guys

Bad news

All bariatric surgery at st Richards in Chichester has been cancelled.

Their private patient will be looked after at another hospital but there NHS patients are stuffed.

Sorry for the bad news.

Paul

hope they sort this out asap. i thank my lucky stars that i got mine done in the nick of time. just waiting now for follow up appointments. feel for the people that have been cancelled.

I'm so sorry that your op has been cancelled and really hope they manage to get another hospital to take the patients on at the stage they are without having to start again. X

All they will say is a contractual disagreement, which probably means someone didn't pay or someone was doing too many ops and was getting too much money..

What a dreadful state of affairs, let's hope this can be sorted quickly. I would contact the PCT to see what they plan to do about it and where they will transfer the funds. It's your PCT that pay not the hospital isn't it?

Wow I am sure this wil have an effect on so many people. I understand the NHS has only got so much money but it seems the service was pulled without too much warning.

Surely it will take a good length of time to get NHS surgeons up to scratch and familiar with the surgery.

Thoughts are with those who were due surgery any day now, must be devastating but fingers crossed it all works out!

Back