• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting times St Richards 2016

AndyMc1978

Hi All, can anyone give me an idea of how long they have waited from their MDT until their surgery date at St Richards Hospital in Chichester.

I had my MDT at the end of June 2016 and was told that it should be within 6 months but it was pretty wooly and could have been sooner or later than 6 months.

I know that everyone has to be patient and wait their turn and i am happy to do that however i am also desperate to get started on my new thinner and healthier life as soon as i possibly can.

Sorry I can't help you, as I'm waiting for a date to come through also. I'm having mine done at York hospital. (I'm currently waiting for them to have the MDT).

But welcome, And, Good Luck with your journey. I'm sure someone will be on here soon to give you some help and ideas. Their a good bunch on here.

Toni :rainbow:

I spoke to St Richards today and the lady in the bariatric clinic said that the wait is normally 6 - 7 months at the moment so it sounds like i have a long wait ahead. I am so frustrated with waiting and not knowing but i am sure it will be 100% worth the wait in the end

I waited for 4 years in total. I was referred 4 years ago but I then started uni, so they said I couldn't do both as the degree is very hard and included placements. I then received the news that I would be referred for surgery the same day I was offered a job, just before Christmas. I turned down the job as they said surgery would definitely be before March. I had surgery in July and have struggled with job interviews ever since (though that is a whole new story!)

Waiting will be worth it :)

I waited for 4 years in total. I was referred 4 years ago but I then started uni, so they said I couldn't do both as the degree is very hard and included placements. I then received the news that I would be referred for surgery the same day I was offered a job, just before Christmas. I turned down the job as they said surgery would definitely be before March. I had surgery in July and have struggled with job interviews ever since (though that is a whole new story!)

Waiting will be worth it :)

Wow, 4 years makes my wait seem like nothing. I think that i am a little more gutted as i had my date for last September but had to turn it down so that i could move to California for 6 months and now that it is almost a year later i am having all the what if thoughts about how different life would be now if i had gone through with the operation! I don't regret my time in California as it was fantastic and may eventually lead to more work opportunities and normally i work on the theory that things happen for a reason, so lets hope that i am right and that the delay was for the greater good. Based on that theory, i am sure that your struggle with job interviews is just part of the greater plan to get you in to the right job in the end, but either way i wish you the best of luck looking.

Thanks :) I think 4 years is very excessive, was just bad timing from the point of referral. When I was referred, I hadn't applied for uni.

I think these things happen for a reason, and you were meant to work in California. Just as I'm not meant to be in the jobs I've applied for!

Good luck!

Back