• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

All wired up!!

Twiggie

What a horrendous day it's been!!

Set off from home around 4pm to get the train down to London, which should have taken a couple of hours. First train was delayed but when it finally arrived it was great, comfy seats, loads of room and buffet car. Had to change trains though and that's where the nightmare started! :eek:

Boarded next train at 6pm for what was supposed to be an hour's journey. It was packed solid, standing room only.... like a cattle truck it was!! There were six of us stood in one of the doorways... it was horrible! :cry:

I was in considerable pain too in my back and ankle as I'm not good at standing for long periods, especially on a moving train, plus I'm still aching all over from the gardening stint yesterday! :eek:

As if that wasn't bad enough, we came to a standstill after half an hour, and didn't move again for another hour!! I was starting to panic by then as it was now getting on for 7.30pm and we still had a half hour journey ahead to London KX and I was supposed to be at the Whitt between 8-8.30pm to pick up sleep test equipment. Even once I got to KX I still had to get the tube to Archway!

Eventually rolled into KX at 8pm, rushed straight down to the tube only to find they had engineering works on too so had to change at Euston to get there! :mad:

Got to the Whitt just after 8.30pm and thankfully Cathy was still there. She went through how it all works as I didn't want to keep it on to come back on the tube in case someone thought I had a bomb strapped to my chest.... that would just have finished off my day to get held up at gunpoint!! :8855:

Left the hospital at 9pm and it took an hour to get back to the hotel with faffing about on the tubes again. Was beginning to wish I'd taken up her offer of a bed at the hospital for the night! Finally got to sit down after FOUR HOURS on my feet! To say I'm knackered is an understatement!!

Well, I'm all wired up now so let's hope I can actually sleep tonight as apparently they need a minimum of 5 hours data but I can't remember the last time I actually slept for 5 hours :eek:

Well, I've managed around 3 hours sleep, but can't see me getting any more to be honest so seems I've probably failed the sleep test :(

Sorry to hear you had such a horrid journey twiggie. Fingers crossed that 3.5 hours will give them enough data to make a diagnosis.

Sorry to hear you had such a horrid journey twiggie. Fingers crossed that 3.5 hours will give them enough data to make a diagnosis.

Thanks, think I might have managed another hour or two of broken sleep so hope that's enough for them. The thoracic consultant is aware that I don't sleep well as I told him last week so I think he'd have said something if it was going to cause a problem with the monitoring.

I'll be off back up to the hospital shortly so they can download the data and get the results to Mr Sufi before I see him this morning.

Let's hope the journey home will be better, although I've just heard on the news that there are still delays at Hitchin due to engineering works :mad:

I wouldn't worry about the amount of data. I was lucky if I got an hour and a half sleep the night I was strapped up. The canula kept falling out of my nose and sticking in my face!
My data was ok and I didn't have any of the problems you had getting there.

Fingers crossed for you x

I wouldn't worry about the amount of data. I was lucky if I got an hour and a half sleep the night I was strapped up. The canula kept falling out of my nose and sticking in my face!
My data was ok and I didn't have any of the problems you had getting there.

Fingers crossed for you x

Thanks hun, that's reassuring as I'd hate to have gone through all this just to have to do it all over again! :eek:

Twiggy,

Don't worry too much about the data. I had a disrupted night of sleep when I had mine done & they were able to tell. They were still able to diagnose me & give me the equipment there & then.

Good luck xx

Still sat waiting to see Mr Sufi, he's running about an hour late, but just had call from Cathy and my sleep study was fine, absolutely normal .... YAY!!! :D

And even better news, I've lost 1.1kg since I saw him last month, double yay!!! lol

fabulous news, all that worrying must have been stressful. Glad you're ok after all that!

Back