• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i covered or not???

BrandNewBubz

Ok guys my patience is running low!!

After doing everything my insurance requested, they had 14 days to make a decision. After not hearing anything for almost 2 weeks, I had to contact them only for them to tell me that they were waiting on medical records, and requested a medical clearance and lab work from my PCP, which i rushed to have done the same day the insurance requested it on 11/20. The surgeon just submitted my lab results and clearance today, but I won't get an answer for a week or so.

The office admin said my tentative surgery date of 12/18 may be pushing it if they don't make a decision soon. I had already planned everything around this date.

Has anyone else had to go through this, and if so, were you finally approved or denied? I just need some relief and I won't fully have it until I have an answer! Please help!

You might want to try a forum for Americans who are having weight loss surgery for better answers. This is a UK-based forum, so the issues here are different.

From what I remember of America (I'm originally from there) and the whole HMO system, it sounds like they're going to pay for it. But don't take my word for it :D

Good Luck!!

I wish Private HealthCare/Insurance covered the surgery here in the uk. x

Back