• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i doing ok?

icey

had my band 2nd Aug, and im now 46lbs down?
I was expecting more tbh.. :/ But i only 4mls in a 14ml band x

Average weight loss with a band is 1-2lbs per week. To have lost 46 lbs in 5 months you're doing great!

Yes you're doing great, as they say average loss is 1-2lb a week, if you think that things aren't going as planned or that you maybe in need of a fill, contact your provider. It seems that you don't yet have a lot in your 14ml band, so you may find that working to find restriction if you don't have it already that a fill may help. Speak to them, its what they are there for :)

Karen as the others have said, you are doing great. Its difficult not to compare your progress to others who lose more quickly. But 1-2lbs a week is what most providers say the band will help you achieve. So really well done! This is a marathon not a sprint and has to be maintainable for the rest of your life. :)

Thank you all for your comments. I have been very reluctant to keep having my band filled from my initial experience where i couldnt even keep water down. I am still being sick with 4mls in my band but only if i eat chicken or bread, so its quite specific now. I avoid these foods, but im very anxious about getting its filled as i have experienced the tight band from the very beginning and its really not nice. This has made huge impacts on my life in fact i would say i am now a vegetarian x

Thats a fantastic weight loss, if I manage to lose that much after five months I will be chuffed to bits. Well done x

That's brilliant.
I'm 5 months today and have lost 62lb (including pre surgery diet loss) bit had bmi of 50.
You sound pretty on track to me :)
Feels fabulous don't it!!

I had to smile when you said you were almost vegetarian ..I think I am getting that way..

I have 10 in a 14 band and finally have restriction after 3rd fill so I am pleased, but it really limits what you can eat doest it

I loved my protein chicken was my fave so I am tending to chew far more than required as like you I am afraid to eat anything that may stick

I must say though I am worried we could slip into a slider food problems but what is our option when solid food gets stuck

I think you have done really well..Keep going xxxxx

Well done on your weight loss. What you have lost so far is fab , chuffing well done - BD x

Back