• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

AM I DUMPING?

gaelic girl

Loving Being a Loser
Hi Guys
Would just like to check something out with you all. Don't read on if you don't like the "pooh" questions. I'm 13 days post op(bypass) and still on liquids only. Up until yesterday i had only managed to pooh twice( appeared fairly normal) however yesterday things were slightly softer. I spoke to bariatric nurse yesterday who said it's normal to be different in appearance following surgery. However today i have gone twice and it's a mix of diarreaha (sp) and normal. No other symptons of dumping happening. I haven't eaten anything different and have always kept my fat/sugar to 5g or around that figure. I've only eaten a small smooth muller lite youghart so far today. Am i dumping or am i just clearing out? sorry for the details guys but was trying not to be too graphic x
ps might be worth mentioning pre op my bowel habits werent regular x

No I don't think so. You'd really know about it if you were. It makes you feel so ill, sweats, black outs, pain, leaves you feeling like you have a hang over - well that's my experience. I never want it again!!
It may be because you're on fluids, stools can be looser, also lighter (in colour) than before. I should make sure you haven't got a tummy bug, or ease up on the dairy products. Any worries and speak to the nurse again - they are used to all our 'early days' questions. Our bodies have had a major onslaught and need time to recover and then cope. If you are feeling ok and don't have a temperature then try not to worry too much. x x

I had diahorrhea a lot in the first couple of weeks after my op hun, but all's back to normal now thank god.I think it was that barium thing that nearly killed me:eek::eek:lol:D

Nope - you would know about it if you were dumping. Your body is going through much physiological change currently so you can expect lots of changing bowel behaviour. Things will steady out as you introduce more solid food into your diet. PM is you like - I was a bowel nurse for years and have much 'poo' experience!!!

THis isn't dumping, it's just your body getting used to all the differences in eating patterns etc!

I was up and down at first but now, 7 weeks on from the op, I am pretty stable :D

I think your bowel is just settling after your op, doesnt sound like dumping syndrome and the girls who know have said that too so dont worry it is normal to have some variation in bowel movement and texture post op

Jay xx

Back