• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What i CAN eat post op

Hi,

I'm no expert I'm a newbie, only had bypass ten days ago but i wondered if an old weight watchers tip would come in handy. I used to make potato wedges but no oil. I part boiled the spuds and separated an agg white and sprinked a tiny bit of cajun seasoning into the egg white and then threw the wedges into the egg white and baked in really hot oven. They taste fab and quite healthy too, they crisp up as if fried x x x

Can i just ask too, when you talk about protein shakes, do you mean slim-fast or something else?

:clap: what a great post, as most of you know I'm still on liquids for another couple of weeks and I've been giving a lot of thought to what I'll be able to eat, so thank's to all :)

About the fat giving you cramps and diarhea, that's answered a question I was going to ask.
I had it terrible on Sunday afternoon.
The family were eating lamb shanks in red wine sauce for dinner and they kept going on about how lovely the gravy was, so all I did was have a little teaspoon of gravy and about two hours later, well! the pain, dear oh dear. :sign0007:

Hi,

I'm no expert I'm a newbie, only had bypass ten days ago but i wondered if an old weight watchers tip would come in handy. I used to make potato wedges but no oil. I part boiled the spuds and separated an agg white and sprinked a tiny bit of cajun seasoning into the egg white and then threw the wedges into the egg white and baked in really hot oven. They taste fab and quite healthy too, they crisp up as if fried x x x

Can i just ask too, when you talk about protein shakes, do you mean slim-fast or something else?

They sound nice Lisa - though personally i tend to only eat a little bit of potatoe and try and eat more protein I.E meat - as your still on liquids or mush i'd probably advise staying away from startchy foods like potatoe for a while, as your still healing up inside !

I dont do slim fast shakes, i'd actually question why anyone would actually need them post band or bypass, drinking liquid meals kind of defeats the object of pouch restriction ! and wont fill you up either as it goes straight through !

Well done on your bypass though !

almost 4 weeks post op bypasser but set back a week by complications so still on the puree stage.

currently sticking to home made soups, and am using the idea of adding low fat cream cheese to it as this adds protien value which is extremely important.

sweet potato roasted off and forced through a sieve, again adding low fat cream cheese for protien. This is quite thick you may want to thin it a little.

Not hungry but have ot make myself eat as i know i need the nutritian

I seem to have gone off coffee and when i can manage i have it with half milk

not to adventurous yet, that will come over the next few days, do facny a soft scrambled egg but not sure i think it might be a little too soon

Just got a bit confused with the protein shakes cos quite a few people mentioned them. As i have to eat 4-6 times a day on liquid stage, I'm opening a bottle of slim fast in the morning and i have 3 tiny meals a day and 1/3 slim-fast in between each meal cos i'm struggling to think of 4-6 various flavour pureed stuff

x x x

No not slim fast shakes. Protein shakes have about 20-25g of whey protein in them, and very little fat or sugar. I don't have them as a meal replacement, but have 2 a day in between meals to top up my protein intake as it is way too low otherwise.

If you look for PGs thread on where to get protein shakes it has links so you can see what we're talking about. I aim for 80g of protein a day, so i get half of that from shakes.

I have bought a bag of frozen butternut squash, sweet potato and red onion from tesco gonna make a soup with it, hope it tastes good

teen i buy fresh butternut squash, roast it off with a little olive oil as its so much sweeter tasting, then sweat off the onions and cook then in some stock, puree the butternut add the onions/stock and any spices you want, cinnamon and nutmeg are great or cummin and ground ginger. tastes great without spices as well.

I have on many occassions made home made wedges, they're my friend and use creme fresh (the very very low fat one) as a dipping sauce. I've never heard of using egg before, but i can't see it being a problem. And i just use spray oil.

teen i buy fresh butternut squash, roast it off with a little olive oil as its so much sweeter tasting, then sweat off the onions and cook then in some stock, puree the butternut add the onions/stock and any spices you want, cinnamon and nutmeg are great or cummin and ground ginger. tastes great without spices as well.

Its spost to be roasted but I didnt wanna add oil to it and there would only be me eating it anyway, your resipe sounds great do you wanna come cook for me lol

Back