• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i expecting too much?

lotsabeefy

Hi all, I had my gastric bypass 15 days ago and although at first the weight was falling off it now seems to have stopped.
I know this happens but i thought it would be further down the line.
Ive followed instructions from the dietitian to the letter but the scales have not budged for 4 days.
Is this normal??

Hi Nadine, I am 3 weeks post op and I lost 6lbs my first week, 3lbs my second and only 1/2 lb my third. I was dissappointed with this but after reading through so many posts on here about this I found it to be quite normal. Some people seem to lose for weeks or even months without a stall some only a few days or weeks but looking at the bigger picture everyones weightloss starts again. Some people seem to lose very quickly and others more slowly but at the end of the day we will all lose. We just have to learn the art of patience and not get disheartened as the weight has to start dropping once more. I have just made sure I am following all the rules, drinking plenty, eating protiens first etc. and I know that my weightloss will move again soon, think about it we are eating so little we have to lose weight!!

i stalled at 3 weeks also .. now i think i stick for 2 weeks and then lose 7 lb for each of the 2 weeks left - around a stone a month - normally after my totm :) HTH xx

Don't worry hun, I had a slow start but think my body had gone in to shock lol;)You can't fail to lose weight, if you are following advice to the letter xx:D:D

oh thank heavens for this thread. I lost 10lbs on week one but this second week, zilch, nada, not a damn thing. I thought is was only me and I was really down about it, but now I know I am not alone I feel there is still hope! Thank you for starting this thread.
Glad i'm not alone too, was starting to think i hadnt actually had a gastric bypass

no worries hun u will lose.. funny 2 days ago id changed my fb status 2 'scales on the move again' haha as they had been stuck for so long! thought they were broke hah!

if id of posted evertime i had a stall the site would of gone into meltdown!!!!
but 10 stone down in 14 months proves that despite the stalls it works.
have patints and get used to weighing once a week or even better once a month.
take yr measurments as well you will be amaized.
carole

Back