• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am a bit worried about my hols.

ladylite

Well I go on holiday to Egypty early Friday morning for 2 weeks and am a bit worried because for a couple of days I have had quite an upset tummy.

Every time I eat something, 15 mins later I end up on the loo for about 1/2 hour. I have alway suffered with lose stools before and after the op, and that is also the way I dump, but this seems to becoming more pesistent.

I have been to Egypt 3 times before and have always suffered with an upset tummy for a few days and thought nothing of it, but it is worrying me this time.

I will have to make sure I dont eat before I get on the plane and make sure I sit near a toilet on the beech......... LOL

Try to stay away from things washed in their water - ie salad and fruit. And try not to have ice in your drinks.

You should be ok though - most of the other guests will probably be the same lol.

Mary I too have had a dodgy tummy in Egypt (well first time it was more than dodgy, it was dysentery)
why not ring your provider BEFORE you go and check what is safe to take?
This year I went to the pharmacy (in Egypt), they gave me antibiotics and I was fine wthin 24 hours.
But check with your provider to be on the safe side.

DO NOT take Lomotil, diacalm, that type of thing. They make Egypt tummy a zillion times worse.
Also, try probiotic tablets/yoghurt. Lots of people swear by it and it has helped me no end, and especially when in Egypt.

Please let me now what your provider says. I'm hoping to return to Egypt next year. xxxx

last time we went to egypt i was the only one in the family with a dodgy tum! the others all took a pro biotic called acidolphus for quite some time before. i've heard the yogurt thing works too, but deffo no "bung ups" as they keep the bad stuff in!

Back