• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how much is too much...

hjm

hi. i had my band op 7 wks ago. since then ive had three band fills as i was not getting any restriction. my last one was 10 days ago ish.

i was wondering exactly what portion sizes u guys are having?

for example. i had a big mug of homemade soup for dinner tonight. but then i had a whole baguette of garlic bread, some dry cereal and two pieces of toast and marmite.

thats not right is it? i shouldnt be able to physically eat that much should i?

i knooooow i shouldnt full stop. but im feeling really down about the whole situation. at the mo it feels like ive paid a lot lot of money for nothing.

yes, i hav lost 20lbs. but all that was in the week leading up to op and week or two after when i was still sore (i was REALLY sore for a good 10 days and my ribs/diaphragm werent back to normal for over 4 weeks!).

i am exercising too.

but am jst down, and a bit pi**ed off that im still nit noticing anything much and can still significantly binge eat really.

any pearls of wisdom? im particularly interested to know what portion sizes u guys eat?

thanks. Hx

Hi there, yes you're right you should not be aable to eat that much. To have had 3 fills when you're only 7 weeks post op is amazing because most banders have to wait 6 weeks for their 1st fill. Do you know how much you have in your band?? Also could you tell me where you had your op?

I would definitely see your clinic about having another adjustment or some tests on the band to see whats up (its probably nothing just a case of needing some more in the band).
Do you have your fills under xray because sometimes the port can be missed by the needle if they are doing them blind. (I dont want to worry you or anything just what I think could be up) x

hey. thanks. i think ive got about 5 or 6 mls plus what was put in when i had the op.

i had it done privately in glasgow.

i guess ive been filled a few times cos i with a ml here and there cos i havent had any restriction yet. i am less hungry and less interested in food (most of the time). but i want to know that those times where i could overeat, i wanna know that i cant cos of the band. at the mo im relying on willpower...and that (or lack of) got me into this situation in the first place. :(

will let u know how i get on. Hx

oooh, and all fills hav been blind. no xrays.

Hi congrats on being banded soz cant help ya but did not want to read and run lol

Hope that you have been able to organise another fill as what you were able to eat would get stuck for me , and I was worried about not having enough restriction. None of the foods you described after the soup should have been able to slip down so easily.
Definately get back to see the bariatric team and explain all this as I know how it feels to worry the band is not working.
Maybe keep a food diary in addition to having them check the band with Xray.
I still worry about bingeing on slider foods and my way of dealing with my own control issues is calorie counting which has been given the go ahead by my surgery team. I hope you find a way to make it work, unfortunately you do still need will-power and you do need to exercise with a band to be successful long term.
Lots of luck and love from me x Hugs x

Back