• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

still shatterd

john m

hi am now 2and a half weeks post opp and as every 1 told me on here things are starting 2 settle,went onto soya milk and my sickness feeling is gone,but i still seem 2 have no energy and get light headed at times,am also still shocked that i can eat a tin of soup (pureed).i thought a couple of spoonfulls would fill me or am i getting mixed up with the band,its the same with mash and gravey,am not saying i can eat a big bowl full but i look at it and think how did i eat that if i only have a small pouch now.am trying 2 follow my diet sheet 4 pureed food but its so hard and i cant wait 2 try stage 1 foods like scrambled eggs lol

Hope you're feeling better soon, I have my op in 2 weeks, can't wait, Karen x

hi i had my op seven weeks ago this sunday and i too still get tired alot, im hoping that will faze out so i can go to work, i wasnt that good on food as i was told to eat 4-6 times a day but felt that was too much and felt ill for the first two weeks so i only ate 3 times a day, although i did have problems with the tablets and they had to be changed since then i am able to eat more often still only little amounts as i feel sickly after 2-3 tablespoons. hope you are recovering well, take care barbara xx

thanks barbara,had mine 3 weeks this sunday at srh 2, sounds very simlar by the time i take all my tablets b4 food,then breaky,b4 i no it its lunch time or 2pm.just feel it will be easier when i dont need 2 make all my food pureed because i dont no if am getting enough protien even tho i drink milk now and have a yoghurt each day

John you will be tired for a few more weeks yet, you've just had major surgery!

As for the amount of soup you can eat, its fluid it goes straight through mate. Think of your stomach like a funnel and thats how stuff goes through. You wait till you do try something with more 'body' you will feel it :) x

Hope you start to feel more energised soon :)

i take quite a few tablets undecided but not all because of my bypass,the 1s i no u take after are, ur multi vitam,lansoprazole,and ursodeoxycholic acid also u need a b12 injection ever 3 month and i never new that till after i had my opp but dont let this put u off,its a small price 2 pay 2 get my health and fittness back and i will in a few month i hope.thanks julie was hopeing some 1 would say its a thing that should pass

Is the lansprazole for ever ? I've had that before and it gives me massive headaches. Didnt know about the ursodeoxycholic acid either. How long is that for ? I knew about the B12, but only because someone mentioned it on here ! To be honest they should tell you about things like this at the beginning.

no lamsoprzole is 6 mths i think 2 protect your pouch in early stages,urso is 6 mths 2 2 stop gaul stones

Ah ok. The gallstone stuff would be too late for me. lol. I asked about gallbladder removal in my consultation. They never got back to me on that.

i was told the lansprazole and urdodexoycholic is for 6 months but then the dietician from sundrland wrote to my doctor and said i also need to take iron and calcium as wll as my multi vitamin for life.

hope you are feeling better soon john , i never experienced any tiredness or sickness but since having my b12 last week i am on a total energy high - i walked 5 miles today after having my op 7 weeks ago . you must remember its not a competition and everyone is different - it just takes time for your body to recover. i has a panic a few weeks into it that i had no restriction and couldnt believe how much i could still eat but now i am on more solid foods i can feel the restriction and its all about learning when to stop before you reach the full point. good luck on your journey

Back