• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am i over filled?!?! Help please

louloumoo

Oops... So I was told I had 4ml in my band.. But at first fill yesterday they said I had 4.5 so they put in 0.5ml..
Last even fluids and soup were no problem, this morning I managed a large juice and a green tea again no problem.. However come 11am I could feel a tightness and have struggled to drink much.
I can drink and have had around 1500ml but it hasn't been easy.. normally drink about 3000ml as worked a 12hr day as a nurse..can feel the sip sit in my chest before it goes down, and when it's there I having popping in my ears!?! Odd I know..
I think that I am temporarily swollen due to fill and hope it will settle down.. I haven't called my provider yet just wanted to see what u guys thought..
Any advice please..

Heya! We don't feel full restriction for 48hours which is why it may be feeling tighter! Not being able to drink is a big no! I've had 2 defils in the last 3 days for this! Speak to your provider and they can take a little bit out! I would recommend staying on liquids and not attempting mush until you have spoken to them as trying mush will only make the situation worse! Keep up with the fluid and sip liquids as often as you can! Try milk to give you some energy x hope this helps x

Hi louloumoo
The dreaded 12 hour shift!! When I was overfilled I started a 12 hour night shift the day of the fill with no problems but by 03.00 was starting to struggle with fluids and then got up that afternoon for another night shift and couldn't keep anything down at all. Went in to work and was driving down the motorway bringing up fluid into my dogs poop bags -lol, vomited between assessments and then failed to last the 12 hours. Gave it all day the next day and then on the Saturday ended up driving to London for a defill. It could be because you were emptied and then filled, which was when I had problems. If you don't feel any easier tomorrow then contact your provider as its difficult to get sorted over a weekend. Good luck and hope you get sorted soon :)

slow down the drinking, the size of the amount you drink at one go and in amount of sips, you can drink and are getting fluids down, but if you slow it down or even drink thinner fluids it may help.

Let things settle, but if you find you can't drink then yes it's likely you have a little too much in the band!

i think its more likely you were tired from your shift that was making you a bit tighter bands can react to all sorts of thing if your coming down with a bug they can tighten and being tired, stressed can also do it , if things don't settle then defill

I like that article too ...

Back