• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Over filled??

maz71 v

Hi. Had 2nd fill on Monday, and keep having quite a tight feeling!!
Have been eating, abut v v small and no reflux or sickness.

Will the tightness wear off ... Never felt this bad first time.... Or should I think about de till?

Stills early days learning the ropes.

I've it tho, 2 months to day and 49lb in pre op done xx

I've had a fill today and I'm feeling same a tightness across my chest I'm wondering is this normal

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had my second fill on Wednesday but haven't felt anything like that! I guess if you're not getting sticking or reflux then food is getting through...

when are you getting the tight feeling?

If it's while eating it's possible you are still eating mouthfuls that are too big (no bigger than a 50p) or that you're not chewing enough but also possibly that you need to give yourself more time between mouthfuls to allow it to pass through.

As you get more restriction it all takes more time.

If things are passing through, and if you're not being sick then I'd say really focus on your eating, much smaller mouthfuls. Because it doesn't sound as if things are sticking.

You can always go back to liquids for a couple of days, then to mash, because that can also help settle things down after a fill :)

I agree. I had a small defill as fluid getting through but tiny mouthfuls of food sticking and was sick. Much easier now. I agree you should concentrate on small mouthfuls and chew chew chew lol x

Well I felt tight across chest yesterday after some soup but I think I was been greedy and eaten to much . Had a small potion of porridge this morning feel fine

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Was much more careful yesterday.... It's theire but I think it's just the restricts which I'm still not used too lol. No pain tho.

There's a lot to learn ain't there ?

51lb off :) x

Slowly

Hi even 7 years on I get that tight feeling even drinking tea if I take too much, or something that doesn't agree with my band. Anything that forms a ball when you chew (bread or meat) gives me the swallowed golf ball feeling. I wait for a while and it passes then I'm able to carry on eating or pb if it ain't going to go down. Different days different things do this. I gave up on crisps as they hurt but can eat quavers (better option as only 85) calories.:D

What's pb?

Productive burping - the result of bringing things up when you burp - not the same as sliming which you can also experience with a band :)

I was always ightest for 2 or so weeks following a fill and it then gradually wore off , also worth remembering if your only 2 fills out as you get more restriction the types of foods you can eat can really start to vary and you may find your now unable to tolerate the same foods in the same way.

I never pb but I had sliming its ewwy like a build up of thick saliva that has nowhere to go

Back