• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I right in thinking??

BUGS BUNNY

hi all

I have been called by my hospital to say I be receiving a letter shortly to see the dietician at the weight loss clinic. Does this mean I am being considered for surgery, or what? If anyone can explain I would be most grateful as I do not know what the usual procedure is and what kind of meeting I can expect first time, questions and that he may ask, i know some of you have probably been asked this hundreds of times, but I would just like an idea of what too expect

shell

I went to the weight loss clinic at the local hospital and saw a doctor. I was weighed and my blood taken (Not all of it) :cool:

We generally talked about my eating habits and my life etc and why I had gone there. He discussed if I had taken any dietry pills and if I had tried dieting/exercise.

He did say there and then that he would be recommending me for weight loss surgery. But I think that depends on your weight/lifestyle/history etc

hi all

I have been called by my hospital to say I be receiving a letter shortly to see the dietician at the weight loss clinic. Does this mean I am being considered for surgery, or what? If anyone can explain I would be most grateful as I do not know what the usual procedure is and what kind of meeting I can expect first time, questions and that he may ask, i know some of you have probably been asked this hundreds of times, but I would just like an idea of what too expect

shell

I've been through similar at my hospita, at my hospital it doesn't mean surgery is definate.

I've been to the group meeting, seen the dietician, attented weight management clinic, had blood tests and seen the surgeon.

The surgeon said he didn't see why I shouldn't have op, but I know they have to go through the formalities of having a meeting. At this meeting this is where they decide who will have the Op.

thank you everyone . I will take the interview/meeting as it comes, nothing ventured nothing gained

shell

Shell what hospital are you under?
Have you seen the surgeon?
What is your BMI?
Are you hoping for band or bypass?

Sorry for all the question.

Shell what hospital are you under?
Have you seen the surgeon?
What is your BMI?
Are you hoping for band or bypass?

Sorry for all the question.

Hello pinky , I have been referred to Oxford Radcliffe, I have not seen a surgeon as yet , as I am told this is the normal procedure to be seen by dietician/weight loss clinic before seeing surgeon ( not sure if this is true, just what I have been told), been referred to dietician/weight loss clinic, been referred for band, and my bmi is 36, but I have several comorbidities and was told I am eligible for wls by my gp and other surgeon from endcrinology and gall bladder surgeon

shell

Hello pinky , I have been referred to Oxford Radcliffe, I have not seen a surgeon as yet , as I am told this is the normal procedure to be seen by dietician/weight loss clinic before seeing surgeon ( not sure if this is true, just what I have been told), been referred to dietician/weight loss clinic, been referred for band, and my bmi is 36, but I have several comorbidities and was told I am eligible for wls by my gp and other surgeon from endcrinology and gall bladder surgeon

shell

Yeah, proceedures vary from hospital to hospital.

As sad as it is to have comorbidities. I have a few myself, they do help with getting surgery. It is always go to have other consultants on your side.

I hope it all goes well at your appointment :).

Back