• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am I the only one........

Nellyphant

who doesn't weigh themselves?

The last time I weighed myself was August 14th and before that at my 6 week post op check. I know I've lost weight as I've been measuring myself and my photos taken at Christmas speak for themselves. I don't want to get hung up on the scales but I know my eating could be better.

Yes! But good for you.

I tend to rely more on the fit of my clothes! The scale can become an obsession and a very demanding Master. I know people whose entire day (and week) can be turned to ashes by an unwelcome reading on the scale. If and I say if over-frequent weighing has become a problem, step away! It makes no sense to give the (innocent, unknowing!) scales the power to decide whether you will be up or down, happy or sad on any given day.

I've got an app that prompts me weekly to weigh in (it is very insulting, keeps reminding me I'm losing weight but still obese!!) I weigh myself in kg though on purpose because I have no idea what that converts to having been raised in stones and pounds. Does that count?

Much happier, healthier and loving the changes in me. Not hooked up on the scales, want to enjoy the journey a bit rather than panic or get fixated on numbers. It's happening!

I think it's completely brilliant to not need the scales but I do. Whatever works eh?

Each to their own ... I do weigh both myself and (still sometimes my food - but not every day now) ... but that's because that is what keeps me focussed and following the right path generally.

The scales don't dictate a good or bad day - they just work as my guide to maintaining within my own boundaries. No longer do I beat myself up if they go in the wrong direction for a week or so, because regular weighing made me understand the monthly fluctuations that happen and make my clothes maybe feel that bit tighter or me feel a bit more bloated for a couple of weeks a month. I am an intelligent person and TBH if I was going by the scales alone, they would say my weight / bmi is absolutely ok ... however if I look at myself, I personally think I look a little scrawny. So I embrace those monthly fluctuations :)

I aint letting my scales out of my sight ... i remember what happened to me when I became complacent and my weight spiralled out of control to over twenty stones, and I am not going to let myself go back there :rolleyes:

I am trying to break the scales habit, but I have found it better to weigh in pounds as I have no idea what that means in stones, I am not too disturbed at the fluctuations and often have to look back to the previous officicial weigh in day to remind myself what I was then!!

I also have an app that reminds me and I track everything I eat it works for me
x

I had my first post op check up yesterday and told the nurse that I hadn't lost weight for a week. She said she was more interested in what happens over a 2-3 month period and if I could manage not to weight myself it would be better. I've got the dietician in a month so I'm going to give my mum the scales until then and see if I manage!

I get weighed once a week it helps keep me on track. I don't get upset any more like I used to, if I have put on it makes me look at what I ate that was no good usually I have already collated that in my mind and its no surprise if a pound has slid back on. Gets me back on track for the following week. My mam n dad, n 2 sisters wait every thursday morning for a text to see how I have done week in week out. I record oit down every week and have a full list of my weekly losses and the dates from my op day. It has taken me all year to lose3 1/2 stone but since July/August 11 I have lost 8 1/.2 stone and from the very start 10 1/2 altogether. I do worry some weeks when its weigh day but most times I am ok I would like to go without weighing but I know i would be likely to be complacent and the weight would start to go up and I dont want that to happen. xx I know we are all different xx

i don't weigh myself at home it's the doctor when i go for blood tests or the team that do it and that's why i don't update my ticker bar very often because i go long gaps in between weigh ins xx

I weigh almost every morning and every night lol ! At the moment it isn't a problem- it's just part of my routine, wash, brush teeth, takes clothes off, step on scale, put on jim jams etc etc. I don't feel bad if I miss a day ( or a week) if I go away. It just suits me at the moment
xx

I too get weighed in kilos!! I don't have a clue what it is in stones and pounds, and it's a smaller number to work with!! Lol. I've been getting weighed daily for the last 3 weeks. I'm going to do it weekly from now on as I'm becoming a little obsessed. Also I stayed the same the last 3 days and have felt rubbish because of it. I want to lose a kilo a day!! ;) But I did only get surgery 3 weeks ago!!!

Okay, I'm breaking my rule. I can tell that I've stopped losing weight but after a follow up appt yesterday at hospital I now know who much I weigh. I want to lose another stone to get me at the upper part of healthy BMI for me so I am going to be braving the scales.

Even though I haven't had my surgery yet, I still can only and probably will only be able to weigh myself on the hospital scales for some time, I know my doctors do not have any that go up to my weight, and scales for my weight are really expensive..

I do know some people who have had WLS and they try and only do it once a week at the most, as they find that other wise they just panick every day that they havent lost anything, but it can take 12 hours or more to register putting on weight and even longs to lose weight, plus our weight goes up and down especially women during the month. So I think even if I was able to use at home scales I think I would either do it every week or once a month

I have thought about how often I would weight myself - I don't own any scales and I don't want to get reliant on them. I have access to scales were I work but I don't want to be going on them all of the time! I'm going to try and just get weighed when I have GP or appts following my bypass. Watch this space hehe

Back