• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

am i to restricted?

Pipon

Struggling big time at the moment. Lots of different problems that I'm sure are to do with having a band! I'm 3 years down the line and although I'm loving the weight loss I'm not loving the other bits that go with it. I need to know if what I'm experiencing is 'normal' or is it just me?.....daily vomiting, bouts of diarrhoea/constipation, acid reflux, heartburn, smelly burps!! I'm not eating much without feeling the need/discomfort to 'get rid of it'. Going for a check up at the hospital next week and seriously thinking of getting a ml or 2 taken out for a while! Can the restriction become to much as the weight comes off?? Any suggestions/advice welcome xxx

i would say that something is really not right and it is possible that you have too much restriction. Daily Vomittng is a sign of it being too tight and that feeling with the food is too.

I think it may well be worth talking to them to see what they say, it may be worth having some taken out to work back towards finding the correct spot. I was discussing restriction with my provider, and he was saying it can change and it is not uncommon for people to find that the restriction then becomes too much, this can often be when maintaining rather than during the losing stages and he was saying at these times about reducing the amount in the band. The conversation came about because I cannot eat solid food in the morning but loads in afternoon, and he was saying its a fine balance of getting it right and working to small adjustments up or down is often necessary.

I was talking to a lady on my next visit who had fluid taken out, during her times of losing she was right up to 13.75ml in her 14ml band but was now down to 11 because it had become too much.

If you're struggling in all of these ways it may well be worth trying and then building back up if you need it, I know personally I would do this too.

Thanks for the advice. I will defo talk to my provider next week as its getting beyond a joke now. I'm worried about gaining but need to sort out my nutrition. I've booked a slot with the dietician too so will get her advice at the same time. Thanks again :0) x

I can understand you're worried about gaining, but often when it's too tight the "wrong" foods are easier to eat, whereas if its looser and we can eat the right things it can be better. It sounds like you've struggled for a while.....these bands are odd things! While I have some restriction towards and with certain foods, my feelings of hunger never go away, bit even when I've eaten ,...,

iv been like this any reflux bad acid or heartburn is a sign your too tight, my provider took out 2 mils to give me chance to recover then refilled slowly, the worse you feel the tighter you get its a viscous circle that needs addressing , always worth seeing dietician but this sounds more physical problem but an easily solved one

ps make sure your really honest with provider about how your feeling don't worry about regain your health needs sorting first and formost plus your do better eating more freely and variety,

Good luck with finding a way forward, I am a new bander so cant help, but it doesn't sound fun to have to put up with those symptoms. I hope your provider can help.

Back