• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Am two weeks from year annivetsary

ladiedevilish

I hoped a year out that I would be 10 stone lighter but I'm not so feel I have failed! I have been good 90% of the time but have had bad choices but no bad portion control even though I was expecting to only be able to eat less! I was expecting more from this! That maybe wrong but I wanted more after seeing things on here!

I will have the same surgeon as you!!

Have you spoken to the hospital about it?? They have been brilliant with me and all their advice so far. You have lost weight which is brilliant, what have they said???

You know im coming up for my first year as well and to say im disapointed with my weight loss is an understatement! ive not made good food choices all the time but my god ive not been off the scale bad either i also gym it all the time & boy i work! i had my final appointment with my surgeon who said my weight loss was below average but by no means poor, he said i have another year before i should theoretically stop loosing weight so im going to work my ass off to get my final 3 stone off! good luck with the rest of your journey x

Ladie Devlish, Sorry to hear you are feeling down and disappointed. Can I ask how much you have lost in total hun, and if you're still losing but slowly?
The advice above to seek advice from your surgeon is good- have they given any help?
A lot of people find it really helpful to post a day or two's food diaries on here, with your activity log, so that experienced people can have a look to see if there's any advice they can give.
I know you're feeling fed up now but as long as your surgery itself has not develpoed a defect then there are ways to kick start the loss.
It is so not an easy option this WLS lark, and is very hard work xx

Also, remember that not everyone loses at the same rate and what we want isn't always what we get. It's just a sad reality of life that even doing everything right all the time doesn't guarantee you'll get the results you want. The best you can do is keep going, making good choices not just portion-size but also what you're eating. Slow and steady win the race and all that.

The important thing is that you have lost weight and still are. So it's not as fast as you want but hey, that's actually better really, for your health and skin. And a year really isn't much :) Don't lose hope.

Back