• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Amazed at HUGE disparities!!!!

lovelyzobo

I've been looking at my post op diet advice (actually my pre-op as well!), and it just amazes me how massively different advice is from providers!

I appreciate maybe different advice for different procedures and I also understand that surgeons have their own ideas (idiosynrachacces!) so may suggest alternative diets etc......but the difference is HUGE!!!

What amazed me even more, and the reason for this post, as I was perusing Google as you do, I googled the post op diet sheets/information from Musgrove Park (Taunton) where I went for my first surgery (bypass), and where my surgeon works ( he has done both procedures, first NHS but at the Nuffield in Taunton due to my "easiness", second surgery the band, this time private but still at the Nuffield). So, same surgeon, same dietician, same anaesthetist......completely different post op diet plans!!!! How on earth does that work?!!

I'm expecting a phone call today for a check up, so might have a quick chat....but it amazes me, and it's no wonder people get confuddled with ALL the information out here! We are encouraged to be empowered and be the 'expert patient', but it's no wonder folk get confused and then desperately need the support of amazing sites like this!

All very odd! I'll step off my soap box now........:)

Zxxx

Back