• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can i talk bowels please

tubbyspud

Im just over 3 months post op bypass and i have a question.
Ever since my bypass i've been trying different foods for breakfast and im having problems eating the following things for breakfast basicaly goes straight through me but when i eat them any other time of the day i have no problems with them. Can any one shed any light im intrigued as to why this happens, the following are the foods im on about:

Yoghurt (any type)
Porridge
all types of fruit
cheese
eggs
(milk is ok if cold for brekkie)

I have tried them all at different stages of post op and it's still happening!!
Thanks for any advice and insight. xxxxx

Im just over 3 months post op bypass and i have a question.
Ever since my bypass i've been trying different foods for breakfast and im having problems eating the following things for breakfast basicaly goes straight through me but when i eat them any other time of the day i have no problems with them. Can any one shed any light im intrigued as to why this happens, the following are the foods im on about:

Yoghurt (any type)
Porridge
all types of fruit
cheese
eggs
(milk is ok if cold for brekkie)

I have tried them all at different stages of post op and it's still happening!!
Thanks for any advice and insight. xxxxx

Hiya tubbyspud, don't know for definate but i wonder if it has anything to do with there being a long gap from when you have last eaten. Perhaps your body needs input and absorbs it very quickly. only a guess. Janey :):):)

Hiya tubbyspud, don't know for definate but i wonder if it has anything to do with there being a long gap from when you have last eaten. Perhaps your body needs input and absorbs it very quickly. only a guess. Janey :):):)
I did wonder the same thing, do you suffer from it? xxx

Ok this is going to sound odd but what actually happens to you.
It could just be a natural reaction of your body to food. Some people describe things as 'going through them' because they go to the toilet strait after eating a meal. If it is normal looking number two (ie. Brown and semi solid or even runny) then that could just be your your bodies physiological reaction to the food. When a person eats after not eating for a while (is. At breakfast) the bowel speeds up due to the presence of food in the gastrointestinal tract, which can give the illusion that what you have just eaten has gone right through when it could be that as s supposed to happen your bowl gets slower atmoving things along in the night so when you have breakfast it sends signals to your bowel to get a move on! Of course I could be wrong but the fact you are ok with the same foods at other times does suggest this.
I would definatly bring it up at your next consult. I just thought id let you know it can be normal for some people. I'm no expert on bypass physiology but like i said this can happen in a normal person with normal physiology and anatomy.

Ok this is going to sound odd but what actually happens to you.
It could just be a natural reaction of your body to food. Some people describe things as 'going through them' because they go to the toilet strait after eating a meal. If it is normal looking number two (ie. Brown and semi solid or even runny) then that could just be your your bodies physiological reaction to the food. When a person eats after not eating for a while (is. At breakfast) the bowel speeds up due to the presence of food in the gastrointestinal tract, which can give the illusion that what you have just eaten has gone right through when it could be that as s supposed to happen your bowl gets slower atmoving things along in the night so when you have breakfast it sends signals to your bowel to get a move on! Of course I could be wrong but the fact you are ok with the same foods at other times does suggest this.
I would definatly bring it up at your next consult. I just thought id let you know it can be normal for some people. I'm no expert on bypass physiology but like i said this can happen in a normal person with normal physiology and anatomy.
Thanks for the insight much appreciated and will be definitly bringing it up on wednesday xx

Hi Vics, hope you're feeling a bit better and sorted the bowels out.Do you have a drink before you eat?
Hi gaynor, it doesnt me feel it's the urgency & frequency which im a little concerned about,Fuze has given me good insight to what may be happening. As for drinking i tend to have my multi vit with a 1/4 glass of water half an hour before eating. How are you doing? xxx

Hiya Vic. I too am nearly 3 months and my breakfast 'go straight through me' too....excellent response from Fuze and it does make sense! Thank for that! xx

Hiya Vic. I too am nearly 3 months and my breakfast 'go straight through me' too....excellent response from Fuze and it does make sense! Thank for that! xx
Hey Salski, thank god im not the only one started to feel like a bit of a leppa lol.. so glad im not on my own with this one. will let you know what the team say on wednesday. How are you doing? xxx

Glad I could be of help. I hope that your team can help reassure you and that it us something as simple as that. Like I said as you say you are ok with the same foods at other times that would point me in that direction, but as I say I'm no expert on bypass physiology but have quite a lot of insight into normal physiology.

Hope you feeling better and its not getting you down too much xxx

Hey Salski, thank god im not the only one started to feel like a bit of a leppa lol.. so glad im not on my own with this one. will let you know what the team say on wednesday. How are you doing? xxx

Im doing well hun. Feel much more positive days than negative days! I feel like everything I eat is naughty though!! How about you? xx;)

Im doing well hun. Feel much more positive days than negative days! I feel like everything I eat is naughty though!! How about you? xx;)
Yes i feel great so positive and my confidence and self esteem has come back, everybody has seen the mental change as well as the physical change im soooo pleased. i know what you mean about the feeling of being naughty when you eat, some days i seem to be able to eat a lot more than others, it's strange. xxx

Glad I could be of help. I hope that your team can help reassure you and that it us something as simple as that. Like I said as you say you are ok with the same foods at other times that would point me in that direction, but as I say I'm no expert on bypass physiology but have quite a lot of insight into normal physiology.

Hope you feeling better and its not getting you down too much xxx
Its just annoying having to run to the loo so many times in the morning before leaving the house and then at work!! mind you i guess all that running up and down stairs is fantastic exercise lol a positive in everything lol xxx

Hahaha - most days I seem to eat more than others! Tis very odd! lol x

I get up have my meds and a drink with benefibre in sit down for half hour go the loo and then have breakfast. If I have breakfast first I need to go the loo straight away but it aint my breakfast reapearing its the day befores food

I get up have my meds and a drink with benefibre in sit down for half hour go the loo and then have breakfast. If I have breakfast first I need to go the loo straight away but it aint my breakfast reapearing its the day befores food
Thanks teen for your input, do you have undigested food in your stools then? Just wondered as you say it's the day befores food. xxx

Back