• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Amazingly i dont think ime eating enough

IRJ

Has ive said before over the last 4 weeks ide been losing 4lb per week which is ok i suppose BUT after my weigh in today i only lost 2lb which really p****d me off, now ive just gone back to work and my eating pattern as changed, i have 1 and a half weetabix with ss milk at 6.45 am then nothing till 1 - 1.30 which may be a little Chilli, tuna or crab meat then i dont eat till 7 when i'll have a little shepherds pie, chilli, casserole or even a low fat curry, i have about 3/4 hot drinks and try to finish the day with a pint of low sugar Vimto, should i have snacks like Light Babybels, fruit, salad etc in between my meals has i do get hungry and its not head hunger and am i eating the right stuff.
This is a bit of a long post for me so sorry to bore you any advice esp from the experienced (no offence to other posters has your advice would be very welcome)

Hi mate. In my humble opinion you could afford to add a couple of snacks in there. Try and avoid carb based ones though. The light babybels or laughing cow light cheese triangles are good, fruit too - I sometimes have some stewed apple made with Splenda and a shake of cinnamon. As time goes on you will probably be able to manage whole fruits like bananas and small oranges. Also, a protein shake is a good idea and helps keep up the the daily protein intake.

HTH,
John

Yes hun, definitely looks to me like you need some snacks. For a bloke you are not eating much at all.

If not hungry enough for snacks then maybe an extra couple of milky coffees or similar throughout the day?

I agree with Sam and John about the snacks, I know if I don't eat regularly I a) get too hungry then run the risk of eating whatevers to hand and b) don't lose as much weight. You don't seem to be eating that much in a day.

Other ideas for snacks, mainly concentrating on protein, could be cooked chicken pieces, yoghurt, nuts, (sadly not the yummy honey roasted or salted variety) hummous, smoked salmon with some philly, seeds, cracker and cheese or soup with added grated cheese. The possibilities are endless! :D

Btw 4lbs per week is great!
Cuppa xx

I had my op on 3rd december and am eating prob the same quantities as you. My problem is that i rarley feel hungry at all and also have had conflicting advice from the consultant and dietician. the consultant says stick to 3 meals a day, the dietician says little and often!! So at the moment I am happy with 3 meals a day as i find it hard to snack, w/l wise I have lost 3 stone to date. if it stalls i shall prob try snacking and see what happens.......

Between breakfast and lunch you could fit 2 snacks and the same between lunch and your evening meal. At snack time eat protein more often as these keep you feeling full for longer. My favourite snacks are aldi's meatball (pure meat in chilled section), light cheese triangles (selection bags with various cheeses are sold in morrisons), nuts, cooked chicken pieces. Also, try having a milky drink if you can as this is healthy especially if made with skimmed milk.

I am having to up the snacks as I want to slow the weight loss now I am a healthy bmi. Any ideas welcome.

Back