• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hiya guys i dont think im eating enough

pinkylin

when i read other peeps posts on here and other forums it looks like im not eating enough so should i be worried?

i norm egt up and have a few spoons of cereal or a crispbread with paste on or something then for lunch i will have cheesy mash on a tiny bit about 8 tsps then maybe a small low fat fromage frai and a crab stick and then for tea 1 small boil in the bag fish in sauce that i dont finish is my pouch to small do you think? should i be able to eat more by now?
i had my op on the 16th of november so im 9wks out also im still getin a lil pain from time to time in my pouch when i eat and even sometime when im just havin a drink and no i dont take big gulps i sip any help would be really great guys lin.x

hi pinkylin, i dont think your pouch is too small(not sure it can be), i think your doing fine, when i was 9 wks post op i was still on mushy food and had to stay on this till 12 wks so maybe try more mushy food? I couldnt eat fish without pain until i was 5 months post op even now at 8 months post op it's the only food i struggle with. For brekkie at your stage i used to have natural yogurt, for lunch i would have soup and for dinner cheesy mash it would differ how much each day but i think the amount your able to eat seems fine. Also i used to struggle with my fluids if the water was too cold it used to hurt my pouch. Hope this helps but i do really think your doing great.

thanx lisa yeh youve helped hun but by my notes that i got givin its sayin i should be on solis by now normal food now i know everyones dif and that we can all eat dif things at dif stages of our op but on another forum the amount of food they where eating this soon out i was shocked coz i thought omg im not eating enough so thats why i posted this question up thanx for your help hun lin.x

Hi lin, your right everyone gets different instructions thats what makes it so confusing! If your really worried why dont you ring your dietician and ask her advice im sure she will help and it'll stop you from worrying xxx

Hi Lin

I am still having aches and pains in my pouch - it does complain quite a lot lol! Sometimes if I eat a bit too much but other times it aches like mad when I have something that I eat/drink regularly, usully with no problems.

For example, since my op I have been drinking fresh orange juice watered down , about 1 part juice to 3 parts water. I had some yesterday with not as much water in and was nearly vomiting - the stomach ache was horrendous :(

I also have problems digesting some proteins, which sounds similar to the fish ( I am veggie)

Good idea to ring your dietician I think - good luck :)

yeh we sound the same sukay dont we lol im goin on the 5th to the hosp so i will ask them all sorts of questions while im ther lol but just thought id ask on here while im waiting hehe ive made meself a veg soup for tea with plenty of lentils in so i can get some protein in lol and ive had cheese and a fromage frai and some crab sticks today so hopefully a lil more protein in there hehe

I was done on 12th November so we are about the same time out from surgery and today I ate: no breakfast as I was working an early shift and didn't have time, half a tin of baked beans with sausage for lunch and I've just had half a chicken breast in sauce with two potato croquets for my supper. I'll probably have a mullerlight yoghurt later on tonight. I do get bad pains when I'm eating chicken or fish (other meats are a no-no) but I am trying to push through them as my surgeon is suggesting widening the pouch exit by endoscope and I really don't want it. I can't afford to eat skimp on my meals as I have a very physical job and I need to be on top form. My weight loss had stalled since Christmas but I lost four pounds this week, since I started eating more!

hi gill thats what im afraid of ive been thinkin maybe its gone tight and i need it widend im hoping this is not the case i wish i could eat more but i cant if i do i feel sik and then i have to be sik so im just hoping it wont be like this for the rest of my life lol peeps keep telling me i will eat more eventually but alot of peeps who have had there surgery at the same time as me do seem to be eating alot more than i do lin.x

Lin its still very early days for you. Please dont worry, and dont compare to others as we all heal at different rates. You could still be swollen inside and that will restrict the amount you can eat.

When I first moved to solids I was managing less than you are describing. Now at 4.5 months out I eat roughly the same sized portions as my 5 yr old.

As long as you are eating at each meal until you are comfortably full, the quantity you can manage will eventually increase.

Your weight loss is absolutely fantastic. Keep up the great work xx

awwwwwwwww thanx sam i dont think i will be able to put my mind at rest till i get to see someone at the hosp lol as my apt keeps getin put back i feel like i will never get there hehe

At your stage I had lots of cottage cheese, light cheese triangles, yorkshire potted beef, dutch crispbakes, weetabix and homemade chicken stew. I still have these things and similar over 6 months out. I find they feel comfy in my tummy. Even if it says you should be on solid foods on your diet sheet this is for the average patient which means that some will be on this a week or two earlier or later.

Lin its still very early days for you. Please dont worry, and dont compare to others as we all heal at different rates. You could still be swollen inside and that will restrict the amount you can eat.

When I first moved to solids I was managing less than you are describing. Now at 4.5 months out I eat roughly the same sized portions as my 5 yr old.

As long as you are eating at each meal until you are comfortably full, the quantity you can manage will eventually increase.

Your weight loss is absolutely fantastic. Keep up the great work xx

Great advice Sam - I am eactly the same - very slow to begin with but eating better recently. Listen to your body and keep plodding on xxx

thanx samsmum and tink i went out for my bday meal today i only really went for my hubby and son i had 1 suimai 1 mini spring roll 1 sweet and sour chicken ball and 1 spoon of ice cream but unfortunatley all of it didnt stay down and i brought a lil back up but at least a lil bit stayed down lol im having 2 crispbreads for my tea with humous on i found out last night that i can manage 2 crispbreads now so its geting a lil bit better slowly but surely hehe lin.x

Back