• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

An Apology

Sambucca

:giveup:

Hi All,

This is a heartfelt apology from me for any upset that has been caused over the recent events on the forum.

Creating the banders section was never meant to cause division. It was meant to give them "room" to create band specific threads so they dont get lost in the sea of bypass posts. Clearly it hasnt worked like that and it has caused lots of bad feeling. That was never our intention - and however cross people are, I hope you can all see that we would never deliberately upset people.

Following the vote, it is looking more than likely that we will also be creating separate bypass and sleeve areas. It is not necessary to create balloon or pose sections as yet as we rarely see posts of this sort and there will still be the general WLS section.

Doing this means people will have a choice over which posts to read. Personally I always click through new posts and try to read as many as possible, but we get literally hundreds of posts a day and for some this is overwhelming. So now, people will have a choice - if they just want to read the bypass posts they can go straight to that section.

I really hope my apology is accepted and that we can get back to the business of supporting each other regardless of surgery type.

Lots of love xx

It's accepted sweetpea :)) xxxxx

:giveup:

Hi All,

This is a heartfelt apology from me for any upset that has been caused over the recent events on the forum.

Creating the banders section was never meant to cause division. It was meant to give them "room" to create band specific threads so they dont get lost in the sea of bypass posts. Clearly it hasnt worked like that and it has caused lots of bad feeling. That was never our intention - and however cross people are, I hope you can all see that we would never deliberately upset people.

Following the vote, it is looking more than likely that we will also be creating separate bypass and sleeve areas. It is not necessary to create balloon or pose sections as yet as we rarely see posts of this sort and there will still be the general WLS section.

Doing this means people will have a choice over which posts to read. Personally I always click through new posts and try to read as many as possible, but we get literally hundreds of posts a day and for some this is overwhelming. So now, people will have a choice - if they just want to read the bypass posts they can go straight to that section.

I really hope my apology is accepted and that we can get back to the business of supporting each other regardless of surgery type.

Lots of love xx

seconded by me x x x xx

Thank you Sam and Terri,

The new forum layout cannot come quick enough.

It's a shame we've lost some valued members and I'm hoping Cazbandy and ThinnerAngela will come back.

It could have been worse since the last two weeks have caused some disruption on the forum, due to the layout changes that should ease this and we can look at our areas of interest and spread ourselves around as we always have done, I've always like to spread the love around.

But I'd like an immediate halt to 'all sniping and backbiting and innuendo's'.. and thankfully it looks like we have achieved something from tonight.

Thank you again xxx

why not turn the title of the wls section into the bypass/other surgeries section and this would save re shuffling posts and cover any other procedures as well with in that sectoin, just my input on it as it may be a little simpler to do x

Thats not a bad idea Liz. thanks

That would make a lot of sense Liz xxxxx Also move it to the top as I said a couple times before.

it would be easy and quick Nina and there would only be the odd post to re put else where, just my thoughts on this it be a quick easy solution to devide the section with out taking up to much of the mods time as they have lives to live too away from this forum x

Sam, thank you to Mini, Pierce and all the mods for doing what you do. It is done in your own time and must feel like a thankless task when situations like this arise. I feel sorry you felt that you had to apologise.

It may be the way I navigate the site but I just go to unread posts and read through the posts - not all of them as for example when I got in tonight from work there were nearly 600 unread posts and I just do not have enough time to get through them all. I respond to the ones I can be it from a newbie, bypasser, sleever etc if I can offer something constructive or to send best wishes, congratulations etc.

If the poll is in favour of redesigning the site like minis then I know you are all going to have a mammoth task on your hands. I hope that everyone will be patient so that this can be done.

As someone who was to have a bypass and woke up with a band I can say from my own experience that this site has helped me tremendously in both respects.

Peace and love to all.

tranquil x

Sam, you've nothing to apologise for! Sites grow, things change, and you can never please everyone.

I'm concerned that some of the banders still feel that they are being mistreated or that their surgical choice is being portrayed very negatively as I think that the site team have bent over backwards to try and remove that feeling. That said, this isn't the thread for that but feel free to shout me direct if you want further explanation. I just hate to think of anyone feeling mistreated here.

Big squishy hugs lovely, come visit soon x

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Just to add, Caz stepping back from the forum had nothing to do with the recent issues.

Just to add, Caz stepping back from the forum had nothing to do with the recent issues.

caz is one of the most caring lovely wls ppl ive came across and she left for her own personal reasons, shes always been here for everyone but now has to do what she needs to do and she was just saying farewell to ppl thats become used to Caz posting on this forum, she will be sadly missed as a valued member here and personal friend of mine on this forum x

I'm in touch with Caz too and she'll be missed as will ThinnerAngela... great experienced peeps and thankfully we are in contact so that's worth everything.

Love and hugs xxx

shelbell said:
Sam, you've nothing to apologise for! Sites grow, things change, and you can never please everyone.

Couldn't agree more.
It's not the sections that cause the problems, it's how they're used and what's posted in them, and that's not down to the mods.
I always try to read new posts - even if it means sneaking a quick peek on my iPhone when I should be working! I never really pay attention to where something's posted, I comment if I want, and don't if I don't.
At the end of the day, regardless of the method, our end goal is the same - to lose weight and then maintain. This site has been a Godsend to me, and I hope it will continue to go from strength to strength in supporting others.
xXx

I'm in touch with Caz too and she'll be missed as will ThinnerAngela... great experienced peeps and thankfully we are in contact so that's worth everything.

Love and hugs xxx

Regardless if patients are here or not im there for them in other ways just because ppl post a "im leaving thread " on this forum DOES NOT mean there attentrion seeking, it means they care what people think where they have gone so good on my friends for posting them, some people have morals and saying they have to leave is a decent thing to do in my opinion x x x

Fortunately the majority of us are in touch through Facebook or email so we continue our friendships and support... people pass through and forums change all of the time, that's evolution and sometimes for the better or the worse... but in any event, as long as everyone has shared some warmth along the way that counts xxx

Sam you and the team have chuff all to apologise for :eek:

The new section for Banders is a great idea as is separate surgery specific sections. The common areas will keep us together as a family of former fatties, without having to plough through questions or requests for advice where some of us have nothing to offer.

I always felt a little useless when a bander asked for something I couldn't help with, now I don't have to worry as another bander can deal with it easily, it's a great idea

Again I know how hard it is to moderate busy forums like this one, and I know how thankless a task it is too. Anyone who has spouted off about division or had a pop at the admin team over this really does need to give themselves a shake.

Thanks for the work you guys do behind the scenes to keep this a fun yet safe place to hang out, and please don't let a few numpties cause you upset over a trivial matter.

Sam you and the team have chuff all to apologise for :eek:

The new section for Banders is a great idea as is separate surgery specific sections. The common areas will keep us together as a family of former fatties, without having to plough through questions or requests for advice where some of us have nothing to offer.

I always felt a little useless when a bander asked for something I couldn't help with, now I don't have to worry as another bander can deal with it easily, it's a great idea

Again I know how hard it is to moderate busy forums like this one, and I know how thankless a task it is too. Anyone who has spouted off about division or had a pop at the admin team over this really does need to give themselves a shake.

Thanks for the work you guys do behind the scenes to keep this a fun yet safe place to hang out, and please don't let a few numpties cause you upset over a trivial matter.

Well said as always Karl!

Hope to see you if you are at Salford next Wednesday.

Love and hugs xxx

Back