• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My PCT apology

charliegirl

As some of you may be aware when I was originally given funding I was told I would need to start over again by seeing a different surgeon and undergoing all the tests etc prior to having surgery and there was a 3 month backlog just to get started. Anyway I wrote to the head of the commissioning panel and complained about the complete waste of NHS money, as I was kindly told they would be paying £325 for me to see the new surgeon but had already paid £125 to see the surgeon I eventually went with.

Anyway yesterday I got a reply to my complaint, in it he says,

"I must thank you for these details as they will greatly help us improve what we currently do and will be invaluable in helping us to provide choices for patients. It is planned to use your letter to help us review our processes in respect of bariatric surgery and the Team will review their communication style. Further awaness raising will be undertaken with staff about the Choice agenda (choosing which hospital we want). Clearly that are some confused areas in policy that need unpicking and I can reassure you that we will do this so that patients are at the centre of this".

Bit of waffle also but I guess they are going to look into changing things....

Never say never to the PCT try try and try again....my ever so gentle persuasion got me the op....lol...xx

now I know why I walk in your foot steps. You can kick ar** good and proper!

Can you come down here and kick a*s* at my PCT?

I loved that reply, good for you linda!

Thanks chick you know I will kick anyones ass for them lol...I am one determined person when I put my mind to it lol...xx

That is why you are where you are ie, post-op & dropping weight like crazy!!:)

Thanks Nic....it seems like a distant dream right now....my next "battle" is to save up for a lovely corner sofa and LCD tv I have seen so come spring I can revamp my lounge and decorate through my hall and stairs and kitchen...I love having a plan and something to work to....xx

That sounds nice, I love to re-decorate. Might move house in the Spring myself so I may have a project too!:D

Back