• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

An Apology

angelajoy1961

Bypass on 23rd June
Just my twopenn'orth ........ I used to be on another forum where the sections were seperate but there was no 'new post' option. I found I went straight to the pre-surgery bypass section and never read any of the other sections. This is why I feel it's essential to still have the 'new post' option as I do like to read EVERYONE'S experiences no matter which surgery they have had.

I also think changing the general WLS threads to Bypass/Sleeve etc is the best bet and just shift the ones that don't belong in there.

Ang xx

mandym1

Apology! Its such a shame you feel you have to apologise. For what its woth I think you have handled a messy situation very well.

I'm not a regular on here but do try to check in a couple of times a week. This is going to increase now Ive had my funding approved for a bypass, so I need this site more than ever.

So I would like to thank you and the other mods for all you hard work. It is really appreciated and you should not have apologise for trying to keep this forum a positive and useful place to visit.

Again many thanks x

dottychic

Why has ThinnerAngela gone? I wasnt aware that she was leaving....I hope its not to do with recent events. I really wish we could all get back to just supporting one another through what can be a very stressful frightening time. I wouldnt have got through surgery like I did without this forum of that I am 00% certain. Thats why I feel compelled to try and help others as much as I was helped when I needed it.
I dont manage to read all new posts on here most days as theres just so many but I do try to keep in the loop and I know most regular posters do too. We need one another too much to loose what we have over a few changes.
Sam you have nothing to apologise for, you and the other mods do a fantastic job and I for one am very very grateful (HUGS) Thanks for being there XX

Bev

Well we've done our best and you can't do better than that Jac... love and hugs xxx

xxsarahxx

Sam don't feel disheartened luv, you and the team do a fantastic job at making sure that everything is just so. These things are bound to happen from time to time and luckily from what i can tell there is no real harm done...this is still the best site ever, thanks to you x

lisa x

is very happy!
I think I have missed something but
Nothing has changed for me..I log on..press new posts...
read what I can(there is a lot to go through!) I only answer if I can help..or contribute in a positive manner.

Please don't apologise Sam...and thank you to yourself terry and everyone involved in WLSurgery.com in making this a wonderful haven for wlsurgery information....x x x

keeley86

I'm the same, I always click on new posts and work my way down, not been on much lately so don't know what's gone off but I personally don't take any notice of the different sections, I just work my way through all the posts, have noticed that most threads start with the word "banders" alately tho and wonder what the need is for sooo many threads to talk about similar stuff, can you not just keep it to a couple of threads instead of a page full?

von

You might want to reconsider NOT having an area for other types of WLS like POSE for instance.

We have an ongoing thread running for the POSE users which is actively used by quite a few of us.

Now the surgery has been adopted in quite a few hospitals in the UK, this is being added to almost everyday.

Keep up the good work.

Sarah Metcalf

I also don't think you have anything to apologise for, all of you mods work very hard on this site and it's all in your own time. Sites this size are bound to have troubles from time to time. I believe that it would be great if all the surgeries have their own sections as well as general meeting places.

I came on here very late last night and was dismayed to see it had kicked off again, it has left me feeling sick. I have spent a lot of time since wondering if I have said anything that would cause bad feeling or cause a divide, if so I apologise wholeheartedly. I always try to see both points of view and hope that's how I come across.

Anyway, I love you all and hope that things blow over. I am going to try and make this my last comment on the subject, in the hope that this site can move on and return to the fantastic site it was. Much love xx

Marie1986

Im ready to start my life
Its all Tit for Tat!

Everyone should stop being so blooming petty!

This is supposed to be a place for us all the use for help..

Not play playground games!

I <3 every inch of this forum and wouldnt change it for the world!

If you dont like it....................................... lump it!
:p

Marie x

jaynefrances

Hi Sam
I've not been around much lately but try to check in once a week. When i got the voting option i have to confess i didn't give it a lot of thought and voted for not segregating the ops but this was for selfish motives as i know how lazy i am and will probably just stick to the bypass section for easiness and i will probably miss a lot of the bander posts which i still find very interesting. But i appreciate how much this site has grown and how many posts there are to wade through, so i see the validity in separating the sections.
As i haven't been online for a few days i haven't read the negative posts and i'm not sure i'll bother to look for them either. However, i just want to say thanks for all that the mods do, giving up valuable time etc. Naturally you can't please everyone all of the time, but speaking personally this forum is here to enhance my life, not be the focus of it and in the grand scheme of things the changes aren't going to cause me any sleepless nights lol ! Keep up the good work x x

AnnieT

Hi Sam, I can't say that I've read any negative posts but even if I had I wouldn't be expecting you to apologise for trying to make the site an even better place for us to meet and get the wonderful advice we do. Life is filled with choices and sometimes the things we do work well, other times it can cause a few hiccups but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't try new things.

I for one am really grateful to you and the other moderators for creating a site where I feel truly welcomed and supported. From my perspective there's no apology necessary when your intentions were so admirable. :heartpump: