• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

An Update

beckers

So after the very disappointing news in January that Coventry can not do my surgery, and I had just wasted 2 years following a weight management course, I had a new set of appointments at Luton and Dunstable on the 11th of this month.
I saw the nurse first who took bloods and I had an ECG and an EKG, took height, weight ect. Then saw Prof Haslem who took my medical history, eating habits, and anything else you can think of! He told me I was a brilliant candidate for the surgery so now I just wait for the Triple appointment to come through. 2 weeks before that i have to keep a food and exercise diary and take that in. Total time is between 4 and 6 months for me :)
Came out of there grinning like a cheshire cat.

fantastic! hope it comes quickly for you :) x

Great News :) :) :)

I'm at the L&D too (am paying for it privately though) my consultant surgeon is Mr Jain, and he is lovely :)

Hey beckers,

I was bypassed at L&D nearly 2 years ago & I can't fault them... even now I can give them a call to ask any questions I need answering :) do you know who your surgeon is? I had Dr Berraca :) good luck with your appointments & see you on the losers bench :) xx

I had Mr Jain, a fair few of us on here have had him and he is a really lovely guy and very approachable, I have been quite pleased with L and D although the after care is running behind, have my 6 month check tomorrow when I will 10 months out!!!

Back