• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Angry, gutted and upset! Op cancelled.

Ines4C

So this morning I saw the bariatric nurse and it seemed all was fine for my op in 13 days. Nobody told me anything was wrong. I was out all day and just found out when I came home that my op is postponed to the 8th of May. Now I know that shouldn't be the end of the world but it upsets me, because I have been on the diet for two weeks already. Back to normal eating and then back on the diet, or what? Also the whole team has my mobile number and my email, why did they not call me during the day and give me instructions about what to do about the diet etc. Also communication must have been screwed as the secretary who called me said the nurse should have let me know this morning. So yeah I'm upset, angry, and just in bits. Why three weeks? I just wish something would go smoothly for me for once. Sorry for the rant guys, guess I needed it. Thanks for reading.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. This is one of my fears and it seems to happen frequently :( So it's not surprising you are feeling the way that you do. I don't know what they'll say about your diet. I guess it will be coming off it for a week or two and then back on it. It's a bit naughty of them not to tell you though :/ Did the person who called you not know? And why didn't the bariatric nurse tell you?! What a pain and I'm sorry that's happened to you x x

Yes, and I thought it didn't happen frequently at our hospital. Looks like I was wrong. Surprised why emergency though, it's still 13 days to the original date.

That's a real shame and no wonder you are upset - not just at the cancellation but at the poor communications. x

Thats dreadful news, i too would have been gutted. I would be emailing the person in charge to see whats changed and what is to be done about your eating now. Whatever happens don't go off the rails, its soo easy for us to turn to food again, keep the weight coming down or stable at least, don't let this beat ya. xx we always on here for you to talk to but you need some answers xx

How annoying :(

Stay strong, you can do it.

Awww hun I am so sorry. I think cancellation is everybody's nightmare so rant away. Upside is that you got a replacement date which is something to be thankful for I suppose. Big cyber ((((hugs)))) to you xx

I can understand why you're upset. The build up to op date is such an emmotive time so to be cancelled is very frustrating and throws a massive spanner in the works of our heads and in our actual plans. Glad you have another date though. Hope it comes in a flash. Good luck.

Thanks all. I have already emailed them about my diet, have had nothing back. If they do not call or email by 2 o'clock, I will have to phone them. Not sure what to do other than that. I know having a replacement date should comfort me, but it doesn't, it's another five weeks which is too long for me at the moment. Guess I just need time to accept it.

Im sorry to hear it has been cancelled - what hospital were you due to go into?

How awful, can't imagine how frustrated you must feel. Did you hear anything back from them?

Sorry hunn, I would be exactly the same as u right now. So near but so far. It's hard to be in this situation, it's almost like they're dangling a carrot and u just can't reach! Just stay strong and remember what it's all for . I know it's easier see than done but I've had a rocky road also and totally sympathise. X

:grouphugg:bless you that's rotten news and very naughty of them!!!! I can only imagine how angry you are, the rollercoaster of emotions ! the more you rant the better you'll feel.

Well I am supposed to be off the diet till Thursday, but after a naughty weekend, I am starting early tomorrow. I am still holding out, hoping for a bed to be available possibly earlier. Thanks to all who have replied.

Fingers crossed :) what hospital you due to go into? My aunt has been waiting for surgery at Glos for so long, and its now been cancelled 3 times, including one as she was about to be wheeled to surgery! She's still waiting . . .

apparently for some reason glos are having a real bed struggle right now, especially it seems general surgery wards (5a and 5b) seem to be really having difficulties. Now they potentially have another slot in 3 weeks but now they are short of anaesthetists!!

Yes, 5A is the one I am supposed to go to. Ugh. I really hope it won't be cancelled again, this is the last thing I need.

Have you got your new date yet?

Back