• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cancelled op srh 24hours before!!!

kellyhymas

Had everything ready.. bought everything i needed topped phones up with data and cancelled all my cake orders... took time off work unpaid... as dont work enough hours to have sick pay. and the hospital phone me and leave answer phone message today at 4pm to cancel the operation no reason nothing. was meant to go in tomorrow and now im at a loss! so gutted angry mad! its hard enough doing milk diet 10 days and feeding family each day to be told its cancelled! now what do i do? there is no one in until monday to speak to. do i stick with milk diet do i eat im so upset. really really looking forward to this. now i feel so let down.. i mean is an hour drive to there and hour back. its not like i live round the corner. i organised everything from school holidays, partners time off work to take and collect me etc and all for nothing! x

So sorry to hear that. Seems to happen a lot, makes me a bit anxious. Hope you can have your op soon.

Didnt realise was you on here kelly, we have crossed paths before n not known lovely. Feel so sorry for ya xx think its terrible x

So sorry. Ring the ward and ask for advice. The surgeons do wars rounds and operate weekends also so to be left in limbo is a disgrace. Hope you are sorted soon x

Omg Kelly I feel so sorry for you. You must be gutted :grouphugg:

That's just awful Kelly .. I think it's every pre oppers nightmare. Even worse is not knowing why and being left in limbo. So sorry hun :(

yeah i am truly gutted just wish i could ask someone. speak to someone get someone to ring me and tell me why and when i can come in. they never said stay on milk diet. they never said anything and the man from the ward who i rung didnt really know. so he said just eat normal and ring up monday to find out but i just dont know what to do at all. i should be setting off anytime now to go in. im so gutted lost heart a lot.x

hiya chris yeah i came on here first until someone pointed the other out to me hunx

That is just truly awful hun. Really hope they have a good explanation for you. Was just thinking maybe the surgeon could not get there due to the snow? I know a lot of people are snowed in at the mo. So hopefully your op should go ahead in the next week or so. Really wishing you all the luck in the world and hopefully you will get an answer soon. As already been mentioned id call the ward to get as much info as poss. xxx

Wow that's really harsh..Is it me or does this happen a lot at SRH?
Hope you get something sorted out quick.

So sorry to hear that - happened to me a couple of weeks ago, it really is disappointing. In my case it was someone who needed emergency surgery, yours may well be the weather! Mine got delayed for 3 weeks so I went off milk diet for a while and back on now but my surgeon only needs me to be on it for a week. Again YMMV. I would stick on the milk at least until Monday. The people who manage the waiting list are almost certainly admin staff and won't be working the weekend so ring up on Monday and I'm sure they will let you know what happens next. Its a difficult couple of days for you but keep on keeping on and you will get there.
Best of luck and best wishes.
David

Awww *Hugs* That really is unfortunate :(
I hope that you get your op soon, I'm sure you're disheartened now but just keep your eye on the end goal and hopefully they will reschedule you in A.S.A.P :)
As to your milk diet, maybe try and stick to it until you speak to the hospital as you might not have to wait as long as you think. The last thing that you want to you regain all of the weight that you've already lost by indulging in an eating rage x

Back