• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ann's Lentil Bake ...

LeicesterDucky

I have made loads of these now, and we have it as a main meal for all the family served with a tomato (homemade) sauce or vegetarian gravy and veg .. and then I can have it cold for lunches for the next few days ..

It is very easy to digest, well for me anyway ..It is also good on the protein count, although I have not worked out the exact amount...

so I thought I would share it with you.

Ingredients
6ozs red lentils soaked for at least an hour

1/2 oz of dried onion, or a fresh onion .. if using dried soak them with the lentils.

8oz of hard low fat cheddar (or full fat if you prefer) grated

8ozs grated carrot

3 eggs

garlic, herbs or spices to taste.

Method

1) Put the soaked lentil and dried onion if using in a saucepan and bring to the boil and then simmer for about 15 mins .. drain and allow to cool.

2) Place the grated carrot, cheese and beaten eggs in a food processor (or a large bowl if mixing by hand), when the lentils are cool add to the carrot and cheese mixture.

3) Add seasoning to taste.. I will give some examples at the end ..

4) Blend together well and pour into a large square or oval dish. Bake in the oven at about 180 for about 40 mins, until the bake is well risen and bouncey to the touch .. ( a knife dipped into the bake should come out clean just as if you were checking on a cake).

5) Can be served hot or cold.

Seasoning ideas ..

Garlic and parsley ..

chillie flakes with cayenne pepper (to taste)..

Curry powder, with cumin, and turmeric with added herbs to taste ..

sundried tomatoes, with basil..

or whatever takes your fancy ..

Enjoy!! :)

Ann x

sounds lovely, i might have a go at that, what would it taste like if i didnt put any of the seasonings in ann, im not a great lover of lots of garlic or spicy stuff, i dont mind very mild spice, i like a reasonable chilli, if that gives u an idea of how spicy or unspicy i like things, im not a great lover of curry. so just wondered if it would be too bland if i didnt add anything to it. ta huni.

Will try that as i love red lentils, i love my food hot so i will defo add some concoction to it as i usually do xxx

Back