• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another fill!!

jinkles

Well I went back early for my 3rd fill as I felt too little restriction. My surgeon removed 6.5mls, there should have been 8mls. I must have sprung a leak lol. He put the full 8mls back in then another 1.5 on top of that!!! Now I can REALLY feel the restriction. I've had 2 fills previous to this one and not felt like I feel now. The surgeon told me to stay on liquid diet for 3 days to help me get used to the restriction then gradually build up to normal food again. I am barely managing fluids, this is what I've had today (fill was yesterday): 1/2 cup of milky (skimmed) coffee, 1/2 mug aldi belight cuppa soup, 2 tsp low fat yogurt, 1/2 mug low fat hot choc. I have felt full all day. I can feel the liquid hit my band then can feel it drain through to the bottom of my empty stomach. I also feel the need to burp but can't so am getting a build up of uncomfy wind in my tummy. Has anyone else had this???? He said I may experience this initially, but if it hadn't subsided after a week, to go back as I may have too much restriction. I feel chuffed though as I feel as if I've got what I payed for!!! x x x

That sounds too tight, you should be able to manage fluids freely. And that is nowhere near enough fluids for a day, you will need to watch for signs of dehydration.

Think you should have a little taken out, personally.

u need to get 2 litres of water in a day if you cant then your too tight, but give it a few days to settle as fill is naturally lost, if it does not settle soon u need a de fill, come and ask me or caz bandy as dehydration can take hold very quickly. i in my early days left it to long and needed a drip to rehydrate me be carefull please dont leave it to long.

thanks

u need to get 2 litres of water in a day if you cant then your too tight, but give it a few days to settle as fill is naturally lost, if it does not settle soon u need a de fill, come and ask me or caz bandy as dehydration can take hold very quickly. i in my early days left it to long and needed a drip to rehydrate me be carefull please dont leave it to long.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep a check on what I am drinking, yesterday was a hectic day and I was at work as well so didn't have any spare time for a drink ( too busy making sure my residents are hydrated, not thinking about myself). I have had a better intake of fluid so far today had 220mls juice first thing with 100mls coffee 1/2 an hr later. Then had 130mls water at 10am and just had 3 tsp yogurt and will have another 200ml cuppa before I start work at 2pm. However, it can be quite difficult to take the time to drink enough while I'm at wrk cos I am so busy all the time. My shift starts at 2pm, I have a 1/2 hr break at 6.30pm then that's it til I get home at 10.15pm. I will try and get through as much fluid as possible during my break though. I cannot manage to drink quick as water is taking a while to go through the band. For a medium cup of coffee it's now taking me about 15mins, good job I'm used to cold coffee!!!
But seriously I will go back and have restriction taken out if it doesn't settle down in the next few days.
Thanks , best wishes x x x :)

:rolleyes:I managed another 500mls throughout my shift yesterday!!
I am however, having trouble with not being able to burp. It just won't come up and so I get left uncomfortable for a few hours until it finds another way out!! Has anyone else had this problem before??

is the normal fill 2 mls each time, how many mls does your band hold?

Hi Sparky - there is no standard fill, it is judged on the swallow test with water, water should be able to flow straight through with no restriction. The person doing the fills decides on how much or how little you need.

:)

:rolleyes:I managed another 500mls throughout my shift yesterday!!
I am however, having trouble with not being able to burp. It just won't come up and so I get left uncomfortable for a few hours until it finds another way out!! Has anyone else had this problem before??

Jinkles, you only managed a litre or so, you need to double this.

Fluids should go straight through - no restriction whatsoever.

A band that is too tight will cause more problems than you think and it won't help you loose weight quicker.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I called my surgeon yesterday to ask him about this, his advice - you are waaaay to tight and when it's that tight when you try and follow onto food again, it may cause you to vomit and that may in turn cause slippage. His advice, go back and have 1mil taken out so you can have fluids freely. That will also stop the feeling of discomfort after drinking.

Jinkles, you only managed a litre or so, you need to double this.

Fluids should go straight through - no restriction whatsoever.

A band that is too tight will cause more problems than you think and it won't help you loose weight quicker.

Sorry if I sound harsh but I called my surgeon yesterday to ask him about this, his advice - you are waaaay to tight and when it's that tight when you try and follow onto food again, it may cause you to vomit and that may in turn cause slippage. His advice, go back and have 1mil taken out so you can have fluids freely. That will also stop the feeling of discomfort after drinking.
Hi Cazbandy, thanks for your advice and concern x x My resrictiom does seem to be setteling a little. Today I have managed 1550mls of fluids and had 1/2 a weetabix (runny) for brekkie, 1/2 a mashed banana for lunch and 1/2 a cuppa soup for my tea this evening, all of which took some time to go down but did go down with no real problem. I am having some bloating though now!
I am also scared of trying anything more as I do not want to run the risk of stretching my 'pouch'!!!

Back