• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No restriction at all, please help!

bikerlady

Had my surgery a year ago, to be honest it's been a roller coaster of no restriction and too much restriction. I haven't felt any restriction since January when I had a fill, I then had to have a defill :-( within weeks I needed another fill, 2 wks ago! It didn't have any effect so I went back last Saturday and again, no restriction. I contacted THG who told me to go back in 2 weeks, I told them I was worried something is wrong, now they have suggested I have a MRI to see if there's a problem, £250! I thought the after care was free for 2 years so I'm very disappointed and feel down, I can't afford the £250 at the moment :-( has anyone else had a similar experience, please help :-(

Hello there Bikerlady, I would check what deal/terms you had with the Thg because if the aftercare is free then you shouldnt have to pay £250 I wouldnt have thought so, unless the kind of problem your experiencing is not covered in their aftercare package perhaps. Sorry to hear your having trouble. I have not had the trouble you have experienced so I cannot offer any advice . Let me know how you get on - Julie xxx

Oh dear it sounds as though you're having a terrible time. I hope someone can shed some light on your problem. Good luck x

Have they tried taking all of the saline out to see if what should be in there actually is? that seems a far more sensible option initialy rather than getting you to pay for a scan.

Xray fills are covered under my package (if needed rather than as the norm) but I had a different provider. So yes you need to check the small print in your aftercare pack as well.

Good luck x

Thank you all for your replies, sorry it's taken me a while to get back on here.Well, I went back to my provider and had yet another fill, they checked to see how much was in the band and right enough all that they had put in was still there, so I had a bit more in, followed all the rules in the following days and guess what, still NO restriction :-( I have feeling like a complete and utter failure and I'm being tempted back into my old ways of treating/punishing myself with things I know I shouldnt have like chocolate :-( Something I used to do when I was feeling down about my weight. I have been back in touch with provider, told them I have no restriction and been advised to wait another 2 weeks.Please can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong and why I can't feel any restriction. I am putting weight back on and feeling quite down about it. Thanks again for your help and support. xx

hi bikerlady i have had a gastric bypass but reading your post i coulnt not answer it seems like you are haveing a terrible time after paying all that money also i hope you dont mind me asking but how much fill are you up to, what type of foods are you trying as i belive chocolate ice cream and all the slider foods like that you will not feel any restriction from, i do hop you get this sorted out but dont go punishing yourself and over eat as you will only be deppressed more than you are now, maybe you could p.m another bander what you are eating and hopefully they can advise you more good luck with this i hope it all works out for you. xxxx

I know I go for a few weeks when I feel I have no restriction whatsoever and can eat anything and everything and then bam totm hits and I swell up inside and my band suddenly restricts what I eat significantly. It may be the band not having enough restriction, changes in your body or the types of food you are eating and how you are eating them. How much do you have in your band, what size is the band, do you closely follow thg diet guidance too? do you keep a food diary? X

ah ah Michelle, I am the other way round, 2 days before TOTM i can eat my entire body weight! Then 4 days of TOTM same. Then back to restriction. having said that this is the first time ever so I am happy I did not have my fill on sunday and get more time to get used to have some kind of restriction and work out how I am feeling over one month, because ladies whether we like it or not hormones are a big part of us and our emotions. and most of our feelings and emotions are linked to food it is no surprise it messes with us band or no band restriction or not. I know for example I had all my fills around TOTM which like you bikerlady (by the way LOVE the name!!! so cool :)) I always felt starving when I had to do two days liquid (erm more like half a day then cottage pie for dinner and the entire ready meal). But then I now wonder was it because the fills did not touch the side or was it because i was hormonals! There is never one straight answer for everyone... which is very annoying and frustrating. Now Miss bikerlady, what are you eating during the day? I am going to be honest and tell you my intake yesterday (sooooo naughty) I had a milky coffee with two sugars and a shot of baileys for breakfast (it was the week end before anyone start ringing the AA!) lunch i had one slice of homemade pizza (never made it before quite easy and nice) with chorizo, cheese, ham, bbq sauce chicken slices and two slices of garlic bread. one chocolate Lind egg (hi hi hi) then for dinner, I had two Krisprools with light philadelphia and 3 cherry tomatoes (had to be healthy sometime!) So there, I am no angel but did not feel guilty about it what so ever!!! lallaaaallaaa :) :) So I guess you must be thinking well not great food choice but not much compare to my portion, will I be right??? so come on tell us, it cannot be half as bad as mine :)

Hi Jackie, thanks for that info, I will have to check the small print, they told me I would have to pay for xray even though I still have one year left. I had another fill just over a week ago and they checked the fluid level and it was all there, so I am at a loss as to why i still have no restriction, it really is getting me down as I dont know what to do :-( thank you for your response, it all helps. Good luck with your journey xx

Thank you everyone, I will try and reply to you all as I get chance. I do appreciate your help and advice, I dont know how much support the rest of you get from your provider, but THG is pretty poor and I feel like I am alone with it most of the time. xx

Hi Miserable, btw, you dont sound miserable at all lol Thanks for comment on my name, i am a biker and a lady lol You are very honest so I will be honest with you too. My problem was never what I ate ( I always tried to eat healthily) but the amount I ate. Im not a grazer, but when i sat down to eat my plate would be piled up. When I am on a downer I go for all the bad stuff, which I know is wrong and it does slide down easy, but its as they say 'comfort' food. At the weekend I had Pizza for the 1st time in a year, simply because I felt crap and knew it would go down easy (where as when I first had op, any bread type foods just wouldnt go down at all) So I ate half a pizza! But I have tried to be good today and this is an example of a fairly average day...Brekkie, fat free yogurt and a bit of granola or cereal, lunch salad, prawns a bit of beetroot and coleslaw. later on a couple of Ryvita thins, and for Tea a small pork loin (no fat) veg and pots. I am using a tea plate (one between dinner and side plate size) and a 2 finger kitkat for supper. (something I dont usually do unless I am cheesed off). So there you have it, wkends are similar with a few glasses of wine thrown in, not for brekkie though!!! haha I honestly think my portion sizes are too big and I am feeling hungry. I dont have TOTM anymore as I had an hysterectomy, but I have had 4 steroid injections over the last few months, dont know if that will have any bearing on things! I just had such high hopes for the surgery working. I paid for it myself with money I saved over years, I spent up! lol so any additional cost now will be a bit of a worry! I really do appreciate the help and support here, just talking helps, so please keep it coming and in turn I hope I can be here to help you and others too. xxx

Hi Flutter thanks for the reply, I only have a few mins, so I will respond properly tomorrow, just wanted to say a quick thanks x

Do you count the calories in what you are eating? I know my weight loss slows down when I am not eating enough or not enough of the right things. My average calories is c 1200 to 1300 a day average over a week to get a steady loss. It will be lower this week as I have just had a fill. But low is not sustainable long term as I enjoy my food too much still. So I will make the effort over the next couple of weeks to get back up over 1200 a day, even if that involves eating some slider foods. Obviously it's a different journey for us all though xxx

same boat still

hi bikerlady am still in same boat as u only wen i had my xray showed i was missin 3.5 mls they put it back in but nothin feels same since fluid loss, have been gettin some advise of people of here so am goin to give it ago and see wot happens. hope u get sorted , anyways keep in touch,sound selfish but it feels better knowin iam not the onlyone goin through this take and let me know how u get on jackie

Back