• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4th fill today I hope this one gives me the restriction I want

Lesleydb

Bander
Hi all I have had my 4th fill today and am really hoping this gives me the restriction I need. I now have 6.5mls dont know why I seem to get a fill and it works fine for a few days but then I find I am feeling hungry again and managing more than a teaplate, as anyone else felt the same or is it just me that it doesnt seem to be working for?

Hi Sara
I usually eat ready brek or something similar for breakfast, either a cup of soup or crackers with low fat cheese spread for lunch and then a proper tea but the weightloss as really slowed down and I am finding that I am feeling hungry in between meals. I am trying to stick to the teaplate size plate as advised but after the first few days after a fill seem to notice I can eat more and more. Hopefully this will be the one that does the trick I just keep wondering whether I should have maybe had the bypass which I was going to have orginally then changed to the band. xx

hi i just the same as u i am on my 2nd fill and no restriction at all having a 3 fill on saturday so lets hope this on works

Oh no, I hope you both get a fill that works soon. Just hope this works for me as i do not get my 1st fill for 6 weeks yet. I couldnt afford the bypass (couldnt really afford the band either).
Regards R x

Its all about self control I guess till you get good restriction.

I have some but not much but I stick to three small meals a day and drink gallons of water and tea between to fill the gaps.

Also if you get hungry much on free foods like carrots and low fat cottage cheese, boring but they do the job.

Hi Lesley, i can eat much bigger portions than the recomended tea plate too - I usually find I dont want much in the mornings and just have a yoghurt for breakfast, and at lunch it is usually soup but in the evening I can manage a normal size meal now - not the super size me type portions of before but certainly more than a teaplate. I have 6.5mls in my band.....wait and see how you get on with this one - we are all different but do have a think about what kind of restriction you really want - you do need to be able to live with it and part of having the band is that it is a lifelong thing to help you re-educate yourself. Remember it is not a race to see who can lose the quickest. You are doing well and will get there in the end - keep at it hun x

Thanks Allie I am hoping that this time I will feel the restriction for longer I just seem to get the restriction when I first have the fill but it seems to only last a week or so but hey will stick at it I suppose slow and steady wins the race.
Speak soon xx

good luck 2 u both x

Hi Lesley, don`t know if its owt to do with it but my nurse rang me the other day to check up on how I was doing. She asked me what a typical days menu would consist of so I mentioned weetabix. Well she hit the roof!! Well not really but she did say that they tend not to tell banders to have sloppy foods when possible cos it just slides down and we won`t feel full. U mentioned in your thread that u have porridge and soup both of which are sloppy and will slide down so mb this is a reason for it. Not had the band that long myself so don`t get me wrong I`m no expert just going by what the nurse told me. She advised me to start eating crunchier stuff cos it`ll fill me up quicker. Hope this has been useful hun xxx

Hi LancsLass I will give it a go maybe that it what is wrong and I am having too many sloppy foods and yes I suppose there wouldnt be restriction on these. I will try and eat more textured food and see how I get on.
Thanks for that hun I will let you know how I get on xx

if it any help i was told porrig was a good food to have wit band as it quiet heavy lol every clinic seems to tell people differeent
i have had 2 fills and have restriction for about 2 days after i think it just the tummy swelling from the fill i have discussed with my dr the type of restriction i want and we are heading for tight as poss but you need to discuss with him as everyone wants different from it , i want tight as poss to drop first few stone quicker because i higher end of bmi scale for band then want to go a bit slower with it , it really is learn as you go tho

I know how you feel!

Hi guys, I'm nearly 4 weeks post-op and I'm having my first fill next Wednesday (I can't wait!). I'm finding I can eat more and more and was worried about getting hungry between meals. Then I realised I was on sloppy foods too which just don't fill me up so I've started eating nimble bread which makes a huge difference! Feel really full after half a sandwich whereas before I could have several rounds!
Good luck with your 4th fill Lesley and keep up the good work.
Sam xx

Hi Lesley
Just catching up, hopefully the more textured food will help you hun, sloppies do go down quickly don't they and I find when I have "heavier" food I can hardly eat any of it.
Hang in there hun your doing really well xxx

Hi guys, I'm nearly 4 weeks post-op and I'm having my first fill next Wednesday (I can't wait!). I'm finding I can eat more and more and was worried about getting hungry between meals. Then I realised I was on sloppy foods too which just don't fill me up so I've started eating nimble bread which makes a huge difference! Feel really full after half a sandwich whereas before I could have several rounds!
Good luck with your 4th fill Lesley and keep up the good work.
Sam xx
Hi Sam Thanks for that, I cant manage bread at all but it is the only thing I have found that I just cant tolerate. Good Luck with your first fill on Wednesday:) xx

Hi Lesley
Just catching up, hopefully the more textured food will help you hun, sloppies do go down quickly don't they and I find when I have "heavier" food I can hardly eat any of it.
Hang in there hun your doing really well xxx
Hiya Nic Thanks just posted on your thread how lovely Alfie is and well done on dropping another dress size. Just think if somebody would have told you at the start of this year that by the start of next year you would have a new body, new fella and a new dog bet you wouldnt have believed them!!
I am going to give it a real go and try and not be too naughty over Xmas.
Take Care Hun xx

Back