• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

IMMUNE SYSTEM COMPROMISED

BlueDiamond

Hi Guys and Gals

I write this post from my bed as once again I am sick:cry: Its been one thing after another since December, firstly I had bladder and kidney infection , followed by the flu, and now today my flu is back with a vengence. My question for all you wise folk out there is..............

It possible that once you start losing weight is there any possibility that someones immune system doesn't fight infections/illnesses as well as it used too or it becomes compromised in any way??

I take vitamins daily and for the love of me if its not one thing ( medically) its another, I cant remember the last time I felt good. Any information would be gratefully received. P.S I am banded btw. Thanks guys xxx
;)

I think the body has great capabillities for coping with change,perhaps you are just unlucky to be ill so much lately.Take care of yourself and I hope you soon feel better!Maz x

Just so you dont feel alone, my daughter had the flu, she is slim, young and fit, went back to work too early and now has a bad virus. So its not just us WLS peeps, it is going around.

Like Mixxy said, I too have never been healthier.

Anyway hun, I bet you are feeling low, so big hugs coming your way.

Im a bit early out to tell, up to now Ive been ok to be honest, I hope it carries on!
Hope you feel better soon (HUG) XX

one illness would have put your immune system down which leads you to be more open to others - I think you have just had a run of bad luck sweetie.

Hope you feel much better soon xxx

I've had most of the family coughing and splattering around me for the past 4 months and have manage to avoid catching any of it! My partner has had it 3 times now and he hasnt had surgery so think youv'e just been unlucky, hope you feel better soon xxx

Hi Julie
I also think you have just been unlucky. i was done a bit before you and we have lost a similar amount of weight but i jad one slight cold and have felt great apart from that. I know that doent help you to feel any better and keep being ill really brings you down. Keep up the fluids and give yourself chance to recover. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this is the last of your illnesses for a while.
Loads of love
Jo XX

My surgeon actually told me that having a bypass would cause my immune system to be compromised for 2 years.

I was talking about wanting to go to Africa and he told me no 3rd World tavel for 2 years.
Of course i don't know if the same is true for a band.
I have to say other than a cold i've been fine infection wise post-op.
It looks like you'e been very unlucky Julie.
Grace xxx

Back