• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another one in the bag for Mr Ammori

everpositive

Hi everyone,

Claire here gastric bypassed on Friday and home Sunday. Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and enquiries for my welfare. Have to say dont feel bad at all. Apart from minimal discomfort around the site where the ports have been used for the procedure, I really dont have any pain!!! I do have a permanant feeling of bloatedness and sort of trapped wind feeling - is that normal? Don't feel remotely hungry - bonus!!!! Bit worried actually that I will always feel like this and my appetite will never return, although I know its very early days. Mr Ammori took great pleasure in telling me how he prides himself on his handiwork, making the the micro pouch very small indeed.

I do feel a bit sad, deflated almost. Not sure why?? Almost a feeling of 'oh my god, I've done it' but I know when the weight starts coming off I'll not look back. I suppose its quite a big deal and a hugely emotive thing having now made the step.

Had a weird thing that the hospital staff seemed bemused by though!! Trust me eh? Had a really hot left arm, almost like prickly heat. Was pretty weird, possibly a reaction to something. Thankfully its gone now.

Went for a little walk about the ward to prove my mobility so I could go home and saw the scales and thought I'd have a little go. Was horrified to see that I'd put a couple of pounds on from just before my op on Friday?!?!?!? EEEEEEK. Nurse reckons I'm full of gas and water? I bloody well hope so?

Only down side was that, the nurse from the weight loss company who was supposed to come and see me prior to being discharged didnt show. Think this would have allowed me the chance to chat about what I can/cant eat over the weeks and when to introduce/adapt what I'm having. Although am I right in thinking I can only have clear fluids for 2 weeks? Also would like to know what post op counselling there will be.

Thanks again everyone and be prepared for lots of questions in the coming days and weeks.

Take care:):)

Hi Claire

Welcome back. Glad to hear it all went well. You need to get yourself a ticker now so we can all watch those pounds fall off you. And get someone to take photos of you so you can Keep comparing as you are getting smaller.

Am I right in thinking you paid to go private and you have had no dietary information? If so I would phone them today if I were you. You want to make sure you follow all the "rules" so that you can recover as quickly as possible and maximise your weight loss.

welcome back claire, glad the op went well. im a bander but i just wanted to say well done, welcome back and good luck on your weight loss journey.

liz x

Am pre-op so in no way any kind of expert, but I have had keyhole surgery for other issues.

The bloated feeling is probably wind as they 'pump you up' to get better access and view if your innards! The wind has to come out somewhere. :eek:

Someone recently post op took something to relieve it and it worked a treat apparently. It may have been dazali?

And yes, your weight gain may well be down to wind/fluids - plus p00. :eek:

I went with surgicare they recommend 3 slimfast or complan shakes/soups per day plus one cube of bovril/oxo for salts and any free sugar free drink you want including shakes

Also suggest a minimum of 2 litres fluid per day

Glad your feeling ok, i put on a couple pounds as well, so its not unusual, just keep taking the meds as it helps make life easier for you, the co-codamol kicks in really fast, i am disolving mine in as little water as possible and adding a little high juice squash for flavour lol

I also am not in any pain just 'bloated' all the time.

Please feel free to add me to msn same nick at hottie as we are both at the same stage it would be good to compare whats going on with eachother

Hi Ladies! Great to hear you both have had it 'done' and now are part of the losers!!!

Don't weigh yourself for at least 5-7 days because the op makes you retain fluids, wind and sometimes the pain meds make you constipated. All those things show up as pounds so DO NOT WORRY!! I was a bit bloated for about a week and then it calmed down.

For trapped wind use gripe water (find it with baby food & formula) & windeeze. They really help break down the big gass bubbles into tiny ones that are easy to escape.

E, you will get hungry again I promise. Right now your new tummy is swollen telling your brain that you are full. As the swelling goes away you will begin to feel empty which will tell you brain to eat. It will take some time so until then just schedule meals every 2-3 hours while in liquids and then every 3-4 hours during purees. Also, your 2L per day of liquids includes shakes, soups, ice lollies and jellies.

Best of luck!!:D:D:D:D

Nic:p

THanks phatgirl its good to be on the losing side at last

Thanks everyone!!! Tendersage, we really must communicate mate!!! I'm not msn but you can get me on [email protected].
Take care everyone x

Glad you're doing well hun, and can you not ring for the advice you need?:eek:

have added you to google talk everpositive :)

Hi Claire

Sounds like it all went very well - you should be on the liquid stage now, that means you can have anything you can suck through a straw - so no lumps or bits , I.E clear liquids, tea juice, fine soups etc for two weeks, try and keep your fluid levels up as that will help with any runny poo, dont worry the trapped wind doesn't last long and will go in a few days or so, i hated gripe water as its sickly sweet ! but give it a go as others have found it useful !

welcome to the lossers, and the official Basil Ammori fan club :D

Hi all, have just been reading your posts...i too had my bypass with the wonderful Dr Ammori on Saturday 10th Jan. Tendersage, i see you had your surgery on the 9th, it sure would be great to exchange notes with someone who is at the same stage. Im also not in too much pain, just the dreaded wind!!! Was laughing at your comments about putting a couple of pounds on after surgery....my wii fit told me i had gained 9lbs, charming, lol. Think im going to try and weigh in once a week, easier said than done!!
O how do i get a ticker thing to record my weight loss.

Thanks Guys

Hi all, have just been reading your posts...i too had my bypass with the wonderful Dr Ammori on Saturday 10th Jan. Tendersage, i see you had your surgery on the 9th, it sure would be great to exchange notes with someone who is at the same stage. Im also not in too much pain, just the dreaded wind!!! Was laughing at your comments about putting a couple of pounds on after surgery....my wii fit told me i had gained 9lbs, charming, lol. Think im going to try and weigh in once a week, easier said than done!!
O how do i get a ticker thing to record my weight loss.

Thanks Guys
Hiya babe,

Were you in The Alex?? Wish I'd known. I could have hobbled along to see you and swap notes?!?!? Keep in touch and let us know your progress! I'm still so having the bloated and in need of some gas relief feeling but you gotta take the rough with the smooth I guess.
Take care xx:)

Hiya everpositive, wow you had your's on the 9th too just realised. No i was in Spire, but its great to know peeps on here at the same stage.
Here's to a new slimmer healthier life, cant wait to see the lb's coming off, its exciting.

xx

I'm soooooo jealous and want to be on the losers side NOW!
I am glad to hear that all went well with your ops, good luck with your losses now. x

glitterkat please add me to one of the chat programs listed to the right of this post just click and send lol say who you are so i do not ignore it. or to same nick at hottie for msn

Welcome to the losers club :) and to minimins you will find loads of support and help here along the way

I'm soooooo jealous and want to be on the losers side NOW!
I am glad to hear that all went well with your ops, good luck with your losses now. x

Hi Waynetta,

Your time will come round so quick believe me. Stay in touch babe x

Back