• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another succesful meeting

Mixman

Well had another meeting today with WLS hopefuls in Sheffield. Included in the people was one guy who'd actually moved from Lincoln to Barnsley as he'd been trying for 5 years to get put forward for surgery in Lincoln but they wouldn't put him through. Moved to Barnsley in June and was there today at the meeting!

Had quite a few questions asked today and was great to be involved again.

8 people didn't turn up though :sigh:

Well had another meeting today with WLS hopefuls in Sheffield. Included in the people was one guy who'd actually moved from Lincoln to Barnsley as he'd been trying for 5 years to get put forward for surgery in Lincoln but they wouldn't put him through. Moved to Barnsley in June and was there today at the meeting!

Had quite a few questions asked today and was great to be involved again.

8 people didn't turn up though :sigh:

See it's people like that who can't be arsed that gets me, a phonecall with an excuse would have been the minimum surely?? But just proves they think they know best, i hope it was duely noted....Good on ya for giving something back to these hopefuls mate,

RESPECT :happy096: :worthy:

You are doing well Mixxy and keep on inspiring others to better health... you are a true shining star... love and hugs xxx

I do try and build up a bit of banter straight away. First lines are something like 'oooooh, that was scarey stuff wasn't it?' as the last thing that's explained to them is what can go wrong and mortality rates etc.

Then I always tell them that I'm not on the payroll and I'm just a regular person that was sat in their seat. I don't tell them how long ago as I give a 'before' picture of me out first and ask them if they would be happy if they got from that to how I am today in 3 years. Most people nod then. Then I ask who would be hppy if it was just 2 years. Everybody nods then. Then I tell them what about 1 year! Which normally gets peoples attention :)

Well done to you for offering support and encouragement to others about to embark on the wls journey. Over a year ago when I first saw a consultant I would have probably gone ahead if I had been given the opportunity for a seminar and someone like you who had given a talk . . instead I came away from my personal consultation thinking OMG what am I doing.

It was only with the encouragement of a friend (ladylite) on here that made me think 'oh yes I will' and it was her positive story that made me change my mind. Perhaps Mary should be recruited to give seminars in the south . . instead of being 3 weeks post op I would have been a year further down the line!

Keep up the good work, I think what you are doing is extremely positive and it would have been lovely to have had the opportunity to meet someone like you during my initial research.

Back