• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up and overfed!

I've already had my fasting blood tests but have to have another this week. I've also received my date for my next appointment at Charing Cross, November 20th at 9:30 am. Seems like ages away! I'm hoping this will be a 'proper appointment' rather than the first one, which was a group meeting. I've also done my overnighter at the sleep clinic.

The problem is, I actually want to start losing weight, but because I don't know what's happening, I can't put my mind to it. In fact I feel like I've really stuffed my face today (because I am feeling down - no excuse, but that's how I am at present).

Could somebody put a rocket up my derrière please and make me see sense! I hate this feeling of being in limbo. :sigh:

I can totally understand how you are feeling. But you are on your way in the process now of having weight loss surgery. Try to keep this in the front of your mind and this may help at bit. I know that this has helped me whenever I have wanted to pick up a bag of crisps.

I don't know if your next appointment will be a proper one as I am not under Charing Cross but other people on this site are and I am sure they will be able to tell you.

At CX the appointment after the group meeting is usually the mult-disciplinary one. You will most likely get to see a doctor, dietician and psychiatrist. The next appointment would then normally be with the surgeon. Well, that's how it worked out for me.

Good luck!!

At CX the appointment after the group meeting is usually the mult-disciplinary one. You will most likely get to see a doctor, dietician and psychiatrist. The next appointment would then normally be with the surgeon. Well, that's how it worked out for me.

Good luck!!

Totally off topic, but wow Glenville your finally here in person, welcome :) i do like to put a face to a post and congrats on your op date x

Totally off topic, but wow Glenville your finally here in person, welcome :) i do like to put a face to a post and congrats on your op date x

:D Thanks Julie, I thought it about time I came "out of the closet".

I have had my op date for quite a while, but it is dependent on getting other clearance. I am not thinking that far ahead just in case...:rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies folks. I'm feeling a little more upbeat today about things. Could do with a holiday! x

Back