• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

concerns regarding the homerton after reading posts on another forum

petshell

Hello all!
I have been lurking around for a few weeks after going to the Homerton for assessments.
I had my first visit on 10th January and then again on 16th January.
I was then being discussed at MDT meeting etc....
I was given a few targets:
lose 5% of body weight -I acheived this on Monday and phoned them. The dietician said she would make sure I was discussed at MDT meeting on Wednesday.
lose 10% of body weigh -mmm have lost 2lb have another 11 to go.
to eat slowly
to not have fluids with meals
to exercise -doing this a little but could do better,
Now I know I can keep all this change in lifestyle up because I so want this bypass.
My only concern is that I have today spent ages reading posts regarding the Homerton and lost notes, forms, cancellations, confusions etc...... So now I am worried that I could still be sitting here next year twidlnig my thumbs.
I know people have had some bad experiences and others positive experiences.
Can someone advise me:
1. Is there anything I can do to make sure they dont forget about me without p*****g them off
2. How long did people wait from 1st meeting with dietician / registrar etc to the actual op
3.Anyone got any suggestions as to at what point I need to start bugging them?
Thank you in advance
Shelley
P.S. Yes I am impatient xxx

Shelley,

I'm with the Homerton as well - just waiting for my funding to be agreed. I think that as long as you've achieved your 5% loss and the MDT say yes then they'll apply for funding, once they have that they'll give you a date soon after.

In my experience all you can do is phone them every couple of weeks to make sure they don't forget about you and so that you know what's happening next.

I've found the bariatric staff to be very friendly and helpful...I have had issues with information being missing but that wasn't the Homerton's fault, it was to do with missing information from the people who referred me.

I think they're doing things pretty quick now because they have 3 surgeons. I know i was discussed last week which was quite soon after my appointment, i think they discuss on Wednesdays so it might be worth giving them a call on Monday.

Good luck :)

I'd speak to the admin side although i expect anyone can update you if its on their system.

Just wondered if you could PM me the other forum, there aren't a lot of Homerton people on here so i'd be interested to find some more? Thanks :D

hi there i was with homerton took 9 months start to finish the only issue was they were behind in the meeting side to disuss wat surgery we should have i always spoke to diane bariatric co-ordiator as she knows how long tll u will be heard etc and deals with funding also,u will have your op b4 u know it x

Sarah you're doing fantastically with your weight loss :D

I left a message with the co-ordinators answer machine yesterday. She got back to me within 2 hours, had already looked up my nme before I spoke with her.
I have been discussed at MDT and will get a letter in a few weeks. Op should be April sometime.
EFFICIENT! PLEASANT! AM relieved
Shelley

That is excellent news!

Wow Shelley thats great news :D Did she say whether she had your funding yet?

As my strategic health authority is Eastern funding is preapproved if I fit the criteria, which I do!
Where in Essex are you?
Shelley

I'm in Hornchurch, Essex but under Havering PCT.

Hya :)

I am under Homerton, mine was a VERY long journey but it was worth the wait, Mannur is very good. I know how hard it is when your waiting, just hang on in there.

*waves at Kat* heya hun how have you been?

Got to go....builders are arriving!

Hi all
I am new to this site so please be gentle!
I have been accepted for gastric bypass but now have the whole funding issue to finalise. I notice that Katastrophe is under Havering PCT - just wondering how long it took you to get funding agreed hon? Was it a painful exercise?
I live in Rainham, Essex but was referred to a surgeon in Reading but the funding falls back to Havering PCT.
Any help and advice would be sooooo appreciated!
Thank you xxx

Back