• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anxiety dreams :-/

Mio

I was just wondering if anyone else had/has anxiety dreams before their op? I'm due to go in a week today and for the past week or so I've been having really bad dreams. Not hospital or even medical-related, but stuff like I'm in a country where I can't speak the language and I'm lost and/or someone's chasing after me but I never get to see their face :-/

I'm sure it's just nerves and stuff before the op but it's making me really stressed. I try not to chill out before bedtime, have some "sleepy tea" (valerian and hops) and read or something, but nothing seems to help.

Just wondered if anyone else had had similar and if anyone managed to banish them as I'd love a decent night's sleep and not to wake up covered sweating and anxious :-/

I had them a bit earlier than you, about 3-2 weeks before. But once I started the milk I think I got my head in a better place. I do tend to have them about many things so wasn't surprised.

I hope you can relax for your last week, you seem to be trying all the tricks in the book to help you.

My dream this morning was about hair loss which I have read about a lot in the last few days, and am dreading. That, and a sore bum from sitting without the fat is my latest fear.

You will be fine, and the best thing you ever did. Try to go with the flow and think of the end product. Good luck and huggs x

Awh - thanks for your reply. Am glad I'm not the only one getting these!

It's really odd, I'd understand if the dreams were op-related but they not... Very weird. And it's horrible waking up and feeling so out of it for a few seconds until I realise it was only a dream. Probably doesn't also help that it's a bit of a stressful week at work for me as my manager is on holiday!
Still, I'm off to the theatre on Thursday and it's my godson's birthday on Saturday so I have things to look forward to :)

Even though your dreams are not hospital related, you are disorientated, so it is just showing in a different context. It is only natural, and as you say the stress at work probably didn't help.

Not long to go now love, you keep focus on the good things and the time will fly by. You will soon be a looser!

im pre op being banded on sun, n all iv been dreaming about is eating my mothers cooked dinners, last night i dremt i had had the band and i was eating normal food (i.e mam cooked dinner) straight away, also i was food shopping, an other night i dremt i ate mams cooked dinner n spoilt my milk diet lol, i have strange dreams ne way lol xx

I dream a lot anyway ... not usually bad dreams but I do have some weird ones (I know, I should not be surprised) :( Can't wait for my pre op diet ... goodness knows what I will dream. Sounds like it is all quite normal, though xx :D

i think im dreaming of mams cooked dinner cause she wouldnt make me 1 as a last supper :( xx

she wouldnt make u one? :( bad mam!

Back