• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anxiety

sophiapink100

Hi All,

Does anyone else suffer with anxiety? I would love to hear your stories.

I suffer from really bad anxiety when it comes to crowded places and many social events (unless I know everyone). I have suffered with panic attacks etc for years and can't deal with it still to this day.

X

Yes hunni me too :) although its on the decline these days, but i did have an attack just last week, but it was over quicker than normal............ it just come from nowhere!!!
I struggle to go anywhere that i don't know, or where i dont know people, i still dont leave home alone.
I have suffered for around 13 odd years so its nice to see some light at the end of my tunnel............ i hope you do too soon, its not nice x x x x x hugs

Yes I do! I'm taking fluoxetine for depression and seem to swing between the two. Often have unexplained anxiety , but feeling it tonight as I'm back at work tomorrow after a 2 week hol, and I'm on call tomorrow night which I hate so just had a valerian tablet and drinking chamomile tea. Two weeks ago was very depressed. I'm going to see my GP soon as I'm wondering if the meds are working. Hate that tight feeling in the chest especially when I have nothing to be anxious about. Virtual hugs to you, I sympathise xx

Yes hunni me too :) although its on the decline these days, but i did have an attack just last week, but it was over quicker than normal............ it just come from nowhere!!! I struggle to go anywhere that i don't know, or where i dont know people, i still dont leave home alone. I have suffered for around 13 odd years so its nice to see some light at the end of my tunnel............ i hope you do too soon, its not nice x x x x x hugs

I am exactly the same. I hate it :-( it stops me doing so much! I've had therapy, tried pills done everything and I can't seem to get over it. It affects my relationships with men as well. Grrr lol. Glad yours is getting better, I wouldn't wish it on anyone xxxx

Yes I do! I'm taking fluoxetine for depression and seem to swing between the two. Often have unexplained anxiety , but feeling it tonight as I'm back at work tomorrow after a 2 week hol, and I'm on call tomorrow night which I hate so just had a valerian tablet and drinking chamomile tea. Two weeks ago was very depressed. I'm going to see my GP soon as I'm wondering if the meds are working. Hate that tight feeling in the chest especially when I have nothing to be anxious about. Virtual hugs to you, I sympathise xx

Oh Hun :-( not good that the meds aren't working. I've been on them before as I have both but no pill seems to work for me for either. What is valerian? I hope work goes ok tomorrow. I seem to have it all the time at the min. Virtual hug returned :) xx

Thank you xx. Valerian is a herbal remedy that is meant to help you to sleep. Not sure it works but any port in a storm. Just tried to book an appt on line with gp and first day he's free is saturday and I'm working! Typical. Will keep trying. Thanks for reply xx

Thank you xx. Valerian is a herbal remedy that is meant to help you to sleep. Not sure it works but any port in a storm. Just tried to book an appt on line with gp and first day he's free is saturday and I'm working! Typical. Will keep trying. Thanks for reply xx

Wow! Your gp works Saturdays!? I have given up ok my gp now adays lol. That's ok Hun, hope you get an appt soon to get it sorted xx

Thanks. It's something they've just started. Good idea, but would be the week i'm working! I could see someone else if I needed to but tend to see the same dr as he knows my history. They only let you book a week in advance so worth checking each day. Any way off to bed, thinking calm thoughts! Hope you feel better soon hun xx

I used to drink buckets of camomile tea that helps by calming the nerves............... but i also discoverd i had an intolerance to wheat and dairy which didn't help; its worth getting that checked out :) anxiety can be a symptom of allergies. I found they lessened once i'd given up the wheat and dairy. HUgs to you both x x x

Hi Sophie yes i do and have for many years .I also suffer with up and down deep depressive moods. The last time I had a panic attack was when i was driving and had to pull over on the motorway how i got home that day was so beyond me, I thought i was having a heartattack! Ive been on many depressive drugs and the last one that worked i had to come off as it caused high blood pressure. I now take nothing as i refuse them as they just make me excessively tired . I use herbal remedies to help now and try to keep myself busy to take my mind off things! Thats why food is a big thing ive used in past to help the probs . I suppose the anxiety came after the first serious bout of depression when i was advised to go to hospital for treatment incase of sectioning which would have caused probs etc. I know Sophie as your confidence grows with the weight loss you may feel better within your self thats what people tell me.My bisoprolol helps me its a betablocker for my blood pressure but helps in anxiety issues mention it to your doc. Best wishes Sophie x

Back