• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

any adivse please

birchy

hi my name is julie please can any one give me any advice i applyed for nhs funding for bariatric surgery 24months ago the criteria was bmi was 40=50 i done everything they told to do then my gp applyed for funding they told me to do a 6month weightloss diet whitch i did when my gp applyed again for funding they said i didnt meet the criteria any more because my bmi is 43 and now changed to 45-50 with co-mobility i got in contact with my mp to help me. My mp contacted pct and they said i should get my gp to apply for individual funding for exceptional case has this happened to anyone or can anyone give me any advice please.

Last edited:
it happens in a lot of cases. Your GP needs to detail all the things you have done to assist in your weightloss & any weight related health issues you have such as BP, diabetes, arthritis, sleep apneoa etc.

Good luck x

Someone better able to tell you will be along soon.

When I had my op all WLS had to go through the exceptional cases committee.

Try PALS at your hospital and see what they say

Have you tried the BOSPA website to see what it says about the criteria for your PCT?

Good luck

Angela xx

thank you both for the advise ive checked the bospa for guidelines it just says manchester.Ive spoke to the pct.

Last edited:
Back